trzinko

buzios or ilha grande

• Members

as i am busy in european summer i inttend to go back to brazil in january. i intend also to spend a week out of rio. and i am deciding between buzios and ilha grande. if anyone was in this places, i would appreciate if you can provide opinion, which place do you see better. and because i have read tripadvisor the question is meant particularly in question of meeting new boys.

Guest tomcal

Buzios is great and beautiful and Romantic type place, but you need to take someone with you there and you can have a romantic getaway, but there are NO guys/ gay bars/saunas there! You need to import your Fun! Ditto of Ilha Grande. Ilha Grande is a great ecotourism site but very basic no cafes bars, I don't even know if they have internet access there yet.

To answer you question about which place would be better to meet boys? I would say both places your chances are less then Zero! but whatever miniscule chance there is it would be in Buzios since there are a lot of tourists there, just no gay meeting places. :-)

Guest Rioloco

Why have you limited your beyond rio consideration to those 2 places? There are many other close ports of call that would offer more opportunities for play.

Guest riosul77

My vote would be ilha grande, but not for the whole week. The area is beautiful, lovely beaches, you can take a charter boat for a whole day and visit a number of secluded beaches, coves, great snorkeling locations. It does take the better part of a day to get there and you have to time the ferry connections with bus connections. Yes, you would want to take a boy or two if travelling alone and do not want to sleep alone.

Buzios is too commercial , to built up for my taste when I want to escape the city.

Another coastal place I like as a weekend away is Arraial do Cabo ( not Cabo Frio, which I don't like). We rent a house there frequently. Again, pack a boy.

Enjoy.

• Members

thanka for comments. as i can see i will defenitely have to export someone to those places with me from rio.

regarding choice i am still undecided. if i go to ilha grande i will defenitely comine it with paraty.

but boys, what about boys ?

• Members

Brasil is officially in a recession. It would be quite easy to find your type at one of the saunas and make a deal for an extended trip at a fair price. I have met two guys in the saunas who were transported to Fernando de Noronha for 5-day trips as companions for two different Europeeons.

• Members

I know four different guys who have been fired due to lack of business during the last month. There is great fear here depending on the results of the coming election. People have cut their spending and it seems that nearly every store has a liquidation sale in progress.

• Members

there is an option to make a last minute arrangement at sauna as you propose. and maybe i will do that.

however i see a difference between profesionals ( who go to sauna every day or evey week ) and amateurs who would just use the opportunity to have a good time and make some money on the side.

somehow, i prefer amateurs, but they are more difficult to find.