wayout

New Method of Crowd Control

• Members

Great idea. No dead bodies, no "real" injuries. I wonder what would happen if those same protestors went to Hamas "headquarters", where ever that might be, and protested there?

Lawful and peaceful assembly seems to be allowed in the democratic state of Israel. Elsewhere?

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
Lawful and peaceful assembly seems to be allowed in the democratic state of Israel. Elsewhere?

Of course lawful demonstrations require a permit from the government, lol. :logik:

====

Speaking of permits, building permits are legally required both to add additional square footage and for new construction. In East Jerusalem (Arab Quarter) exactly zero residential building permits have been issued to Arab landowners in the last half century. Somehow Israeli developers can obtain permits there but Arab home owners get their houses bull-dozed if they unlawfully enclose the patio.

I guess those damned backward Arabs can't be expected to understand the finer points of democracy and a government of laws not men. :shifty:

Break out the hoses, boys. Looks like they're back for another civics lesson. ;)

• Members

At first I thought you were quoting or paraphrasing from US government and city's regulations. Then, I realized you were, whether you knew it or not. :smile:

Unfortunately, lawful seems to mean the laws as they exist on the books and their interpretation. True everywhere.

Best regards,

RA1