wayout

Love Over Hate: Student’s Tweet After Attacked Goes Viral

• Members

They both look like nice young men and I am so sorry they had to experience this. They were not physically harmed, so there is worse out there. But, still..............

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

It is Sad that in these progressive times there are still consequences for being a certain way, gay, black, fat etc.

But those consequences should not STOP us from being who we are or living our lives. I believe these consequences also give us greater purpose and motivation. In my younger days, I had been harrassed and attacked many times, and even now at 63, being an OUT, Proud gay man still draws the ire of many. But, that's THEIR problem, not mine !

• Members

Drawing the ire of many is an interesting comment. Are you "flamboyant"? The point I am getting to is that I don't draw the attention of many in any regard so far as I know. Are you doing something to draw attention or ire? Just curious.

I have always lived my life as who I am and that is a very varied person. Like many folks, I first answer the question of who are you by stating my profession which may or may not be the answer to that question. Afterwards, if pressed by someone interesting, I may continue with Earthling, US citizen, TN citizen, male, interested observer, etc.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Drawing the ire of many is an interesting comment. Are you "flamboyant"? The point I am getting to is that I don't draw the attention of many in any regard so far as I know. Are you doing something to draw attention or ire? Just curious.

I have always lived my life as who I am and that is a very varied person. Like many folks, I first answer the question of who are you by stating my profession which may or may not be the answer to that question. Afterwards, if pressed by someone interesting, I may continue with Earthling, US citizen, TN citizen, male, interested observer, etc.

Best regards,

RA1

Some people look "gay" without being flamboyant. Whether its their fashionista style, or impeccable grooming, people always seemed to think I was gay, especially when i was younger. Even now at 63, I wear skinny jeans with converse high top sneakers. Is that GAY ???? Regardless, even if I was the most flaming, Flamboyant guy (as you call it) it should not make me a target for anyone. If I aint bothering YOU, dont bother ME.

Please clarify for me RA if you believe that if a person draws attention to themselves, they deserve to be harrassed. ? for me, that is the implication in your comment, but I truly hope I am wrong.