torogen

Condom usage in Saunas in Rio

• Members

I am planning my first trip to Brazil soon. I searched this forum and I found one reference to condoms and oral, where the garoto insisted on a condom before he would suck. This is my nightmare! It has happened to me twice before, in Zurich and in Puerto Vallarta. Zurich was my first experience with this type of sauna, where I walked in and I was immediately greeted by a multitude of amazingly hot guys, almost all of whom turned out to be visiting from Brazil. Once I got to the cabin, I was very disappointed that the guy insisted on rolling on a condom before he would consider getting down to (oral) business. He also insisted (at first) that I would need to put a condom on him before I could suck (although he relented on this point).

I am on PrEP, which has revolutionized my life. I have pretty much stuck to oral for the last 20 years because I simply don't enjoy condoms. My question is (and, please, I do understand there's still some risk for other diseases, so I'm not going into this naively), what are the norms in Brazil? I assume that insisting on a condom for oral must be a little unusual, or else it wouldn't have been pointed out in that other thread. But what about anal? I realize I might be inviting criticism or commentary with this post, and I'm truly not interested in either. I want to ask: are most garotos comfortable with oral, either way, without a condom? And what about anal? Will some guys top without a condom? And lastly, I assume this is more rare, but are some guys OK getting topped without a condom, or do they all insist on a condom? I don't blame them AT ALL for insisting...I'm just very curious about the regular practices, and maybe the irregular practices as well.

And I guess a follow-up question is: do you negotiate all of this before hand? Asking, do you suck without a condom, get sucked, etc? It's a given that any such negotiations would take place privately, out of earshot of any friends who might be nearby.

I have been going to Brazilian saunas for 15 years usually 4 or 5 times a year and been with 100's of guys and have never been asked to wear a condom to be sucked. so i would guess your odds of that happening are pretty low! As far as condom used for anal it's considered routine and condoms are given to you when they hand you the key to the room. saying that, condomless anal sex does go on.

• Members

Thank you so much for answering. I understand that asking this question may be asking people to reveal not just their knowledge, but potentially also their private sexual practices. I was literally shocked on the two occasions when I was told I would need to put on a condom for oral. I can understand this back in the early days of the mid- to late-eighties, when people still weren't sure how HIV was transmitted, but in 2015? Using condoms for oral is simply outside my realm of experience. And if that is a requirement, I'm just not interested. For anal, though, I certainly understand that it is personal habit, belief, and preference that would guide this. For oral, a condom reduces my interest to zero, no matter how handsome the guy.

This reminds me of this topic being discussed about 11 years ago on the "other" site. at the time a person was asked if bareback sex takes place, and he emphatically states "NO" Brazilians are very careful! This is where knowing the person answering a question comes in and not believing everything you hear. That person was very knowledgable about Brazil, but was a total bttm as well as some "other" limitations and would have no idea about sauna guys who bttm. I can tell you that there has never been a trip i have been on since 2001 that sauna guys have not offered to have bareback sex! Usually after you have been with them a few times but has also been offered on initial meetings and I have NEVER asked or inquired whether they will, they ask. Now saying that i can tell you i don't practice unsafe sex and with 100's of encounters(ok some would say 1000's lol) I have never gotten a STD or even a cold in Brazil with my many trips to the saunas Brazilians are exceptionally clean, under the heading TMI ...

I have never encountered a "dirty" ass or dick!

• Members

Some super hot guy like some who does some modeling outside like Print Ads or any magazines, they suck you with a condom. Happened to me to only to one guy since I've been there for last 5 yrs, but I understand because he is a model so gorgeous. Some regulars here may know him in Lagoa. But they kiss very well, very sensual that they will turn you on.

• Members

Some super hot guy like some who does some modeling outside like Print Ads or any magazines, they suck you with a condom. Happened to me to only to one guy since I've been there for last 5 yrs, but I understand because he is a model so gorgeous. Some regulars here may know him in Lagoa. But they kiss very well, very sensual that they will turn you on.

I'm assuming that the fact that you can only cite one instance of a guy sucking with a condom means that I can simply skip negotiating the "no condom" when I'm looking for oral then. Good to know. In Zurich, the guys reacted like I had just asked them if I could inject them with HIV using a hypodermic needle! One young femme heard from his friend what I had asked for and sought me out in order to berate me loudly in front of many other patrons. In Spanish. In Zurich. It was quite a scene.

• Members

I'm assuming that the fact that you can only cite one instance of a guy sucking with a condom means that I can simply skip negotiating the "no condom" when I'm looking for oral then. Good to know. In Zurich, the guys reacted like I had just asked them if I could inject them with HIV using a hypodermic needle! One young femme heard from his friend what I had asked for and sought me out in order to berate me loudly in front of many other patrons. In Spanish. In Zurich. It was quite a scene.

-

Are you talking about Zurich's Paragonya sauna where this event took place?

-

• Members

I do believe Paragonya is the place. I walked in and was amazed to see it full of hot guys. It turns out they were all from Brazil or Central or South America. It seems to be pretty much the way the saunas in Brazil are described, but I haven't been to Brazil, so I can't compare. But I was approached immediately by several guys offering sex for money. The Spanish/Portuguese/German/English hodgepodge was difficult to navigate for sure. I saw there one of the hottest men I've ever seen, hugely muscled with a huge dick swinging, but he went with another client and left before I got a chance to talk to him. Luckily, I like all kinds of guys :hyper:

Well if you had connected there if would have cost you about 15X what it costs in a Brazilian Sauna. A friend that I have traveled with a lot and I were in Zurich and went in, the price we were quoted from the guys we talked was the equivalent to $400/US hour! We left without doing anyone. and the next day went to Prague where the average was about $80/hr.

• Members

Well if you had connected there if would have cost you about 15X what it costs in a Brazilian Sauna. A friend that I have traveled with a lot and I were in Zurich and went in, the price we were quoted from the guys we talked was the equivalent to $400/US hour! We left without doing anyone. and the next day went to Prague where the average was about $80/hr.

Oh, I did connect. And it wasn't that much (although I can see the muscle god trying to charge that--the guy I ended up connecting with told me the muscle god was Brazilian, and that all the guys come there on trips just to make money because the work pays so much more there than back in their home countries). The guy I ended up with was from Panama, if I remember correctly. Very cute young skater type. He heard all the commotion of the nelly one shouting at me, and he followed me back upstairs to whisper that he would suck and get sucked without a condom, but no anal. I clarified that is what I had originally been asking anyway, and we went into a cabin. I think I paid $80. Certainly it was not more than $120. But yes, I am very much looking forward to Brazil!

I should add, that the facility which looks like a office building, is very nice but when we were there which was a Friday afternoon, which we had been told was one of the best times to go, the quality of the guys was imho, poor. There were 5 Brazilians there, 3 of whom we knew from seeing them at the saunas in Rio, but had never gone with(which should give a hint as to what they were like lol) 3 or 4 Thai feminine guys, a couple of Romanian guys who were kinda hot but we were warned by EVERYONE not to go with them, and there was a goodlooking Austrian blonde guy there who explained everything including the price to us and while very helpful, would not come down from the $125/per 15 min. price! Afterwards we went to a hustler bar about 5 or 6 blocks from Paragonya and it was packed at 6:00 pm but they were all Roma/gypsy/Romanian guys. There was a Swiss guy there who was the director of the Zurich symphony or ballet or something like that who told us again that the Romanians can't be trusted and even thou they look sexy do not go with them. Don't know if just a sterotype/urban legend or simple prejudice but we didn't go with any,

• Members

I was propositioned by many Romanian and Polish guys on the street as I was cruising late at night. I ended up going to a place a few blocks from Paragonya that was a bar with a cruisy area, or maybe it was like a sex club--I can't recall the name, and couldn't find it online, so maybe it is gone. As I recall, there was a part of the bar that had hallways and cubicles, and lots of guys milling around, including lots of working guys. Only one guy appealed to me, but I was out of money, so I just kind of hung out and cruised for a few hours hoping to hook up with a local, but it seemed to be pretty much working guys and customers only. The guy I liked was a big, hugely muscled black guy with an accent, from the Ivory Coast, and he kept hitting me up and I kept turning him down, because it was my last night and I truly was out of money. At the end of the night, he said, OK, come on, let me f*ck you. For free. I don't normally bottom, and that c*ck was huge, but the scene and the guy were so hot that I bent over and took it (safely, of course). He worked me over very well and I got off almost without touching myself. It was one of the hottest experiences of my life up to that point.

• Members

I should add, that the facility which looks like a office building, is very nice but when we were there which was a Friday afternoon, which we had been told was one of the best times to go, the quality of the guys was imho, poor. There were 5 Brazilians there, 3 of whom we knew from seeing them at the saunas in Rio, but had never gone with(which should give a hint as to what they were like lol) 3 or 4 Thai feminine guys, a couple of Romanian guys who were kinda hot but we were warned by EVERYONE not to go with them, and there was a goodlooking Austrian blonde guy there who explained everything including the price to us and while very helpful, would not come down from the $125/per 15 min. price! Afterwards we went to a hustler bar about 5 or 6 blocks from Paragonya and it was packed at 6:00 pm but they were all Roma/gypsy/Romanian guys. There was a Swiss guy there who was the director of the Zurich symphony or ballet or something like that who told us again that the Romanians can't be trusted and even thou they look sexy do not go with them. Don't know if just a sterotype/urban legend or simple prejudice but we didn't go with any,

The hustler bar you mentioned is now closed. About 10 years ago, the bar was the "in place" for hustlers in Zurich. The name of the bar was Carousel Bar.

Sadly, over time, the mix of hustlers changed to almost all Romanians plus skinny feminine hustlers from Thailand. Prior to the "anschluss" of the rip off Romanians, the hustler mix was Brazilians and Europeans. The Brazilians and Europeans were just out for a good time and to make some money while doing so.

With the increase in the number of Romanians in the bar, the increase in clients being ripped off increased. Word got out about the Romanians ripping off so many clients. Eventually, clients stopped going to the bar. Without customers, a place cannot survive. Hence, the demise of Carousel Bar.

Here is a link to the bar with a couple of old reviews of it:

http://www.gaycities.com/bars/1436-carousel-bar-closed

I now return you to the South America forum.

-

Thanks Mvan that was the place, I think we were there in 2012, I remember the only reason we went to Zurich for a night on our way to Prague because AA was offering 20,000 bonus milles if you flew to Europe via Zurich which was a new route for them from JFK.