RA1

Hillary from another viewpoint

• Members

RA1, most credible guesstimates of the Clinton's net worth I've seen put them at a net worth between 50 to 75 million bucks. Not too shabby for a couple of folks that have spent most of their lives squeaking by on a public pay check. Thrifty enough to put Al Capone to shame, I guess.

When it finally sank in that the Clinton's intense money grubbing wasn't just a product of overheated right wing imagination, I just wrote them off. That all that cash flows into their bank accounts perfectly legally makes absolutely no difference. Pols wrote the bribery statutes and any idiot who can't figure out how to channel hot money around the laws is too stupid to be running for president (i.e. Trump is "unfit to be president" :rolleyes: ).

I grant you that crazed look Hillary gets in her eyes makes me almost as queasy as the Mussolini poses Trump strikes when he's reving up a crowd. Almost.

• Members

The Clintons will probably get back in the White House because Trump is a dummy but they will be so wounded it will be like Nixon's re-election after Watergate- the walking dead. Drip drip drip of new scandal details for 2 years leading up to a historic Repug romp in 2018 and Ryan in 2020. 

We need non-partisan federal elections with runoffs and universal registration. The 2 party system we have is only remotely democratic and excludes vibrant innovative candidates.