Suckrates

Grandma's Summer Kitchen

• Members

I you are like me, by now you are tired of eatting those "summer salads".   Grandma has something quick and easy and full of flavors  (NO, it's  NOT what you are thinking).  So if the kitchen is the room you excel in,  TRY THIS MENU.....

"Bar-B-Q chicken breast Open Face Sandwich on bed of Sauteed spinach and toasted CORN English Muffin"

Breasts

Take chicken breast and slice thru center to get 2 identical pieces  (this cuts down on cooking time) 

Season up your pieces and Marinate in your favorite Bar-B-Q sauce (I like the Brown sugar/Honey one) 

Then place in baking dish and bake until chicken is cooked

Spinach

Sautee a few bunches of fresh spinach in lots of garlic and Olive oil.  Splash some lemon juice to taste at the end when fully wilted and cooked.  this gives summer freshness.

Muffin 

Toast a split Thomas's CORN English muffin when you are ready to plate the sandwich.  Butter the muffin.

Assemble the sandwich:   Muffin, mound of spinach then the chicken piece.  DONE

Serve with

1) in large bowl slice heirloom tomatoes (or any kind you like, cucumbers and sweet spanish onion.  Marinate in oil (Canola or vegetable for this)  apple cider vinegar and a touch of sugar or sweetener to cut the acidity.  Chill and serve on the side.

2) Cole slaw - I use prepared slaw mix and slaw dressing and mix in white raisins and Ocean spray dried cranberrys. So refreshing!

3) Corn on the Cob,  fresh is best but frozen works well too.

4) Sweet potatoe TATER TOTS with Cool Ranch dressing dip.  (I use Alexia brand tots.) 

Your favorite wine, beer, or tall glass of Iced tea.....