Ojibear

Fire Island / Reality TV

• Members

I must be a masochist because I've been watching "Fire Island" (Produced partly by Kelly Ripa).  I'm desperate for some gay content on television, so I started watching this series. 

The cast of "men" seem so inane and narcissistic.  They obviously all have good paying jobs and spend a lot of time and money on grooming, but this vacation is bust.  There is so much whining and complaining which, I guess, is supposed to be drama.  Not very compelling. 

Shame on me for watching, but one gets lonely up here in the far north and I hunger for even a modicum of pseudo gay culture.

• Members

I am watching too !   While its far from the class of The Actors Studio, it gives a pretty good depiction of the self centered, narcisstic lifestyle of many gays, those that covet being pretty, well built and having money.....  The catty shit is typical, the debauchery fun to watch and the eye candy a plenty.  They also throw in a guy who does NOT have the perfect body and is constantly expressing his "self-consciousness" about being amongst The Gods.....   I've been to Fire Island many, many times and it is a fairly accurate portrayal.  I am enjoying the show eventhough it wont be up for any Pullitzer Prize for actting.

If you want to spend an hour watching indulgent, privileged GAY men find Sex with "Mr Right Now", this is the show for you. 

THE CAST

fireisland_groupshot.jpg