unicorn

I don't know if I'm a victim...

• Members

I just saw Asa Butterfield in the movie The Space Between Us, and I was in awe of his beautiful dark hair and sparkling blue eyes. I have a definite preference for men with dark hair, and I don't know if it's because I'm a victim of brainwashing by the constant bombardment of dark haired male heroes being held as the standard of beauty by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, or if Hollywood and Madison Avenue are just tapping into an innate human preference for men having dark hair and women being blondes. The most successful male models of all time, David Gandy and Sean O'Pry both have dark hair and blue-green eyes. This movie was another example:

20170303153713.jpg

• Members

So what do you guys think? Have I been conditioned to think that dark hair means masculine and handsome? Or is this just something we all just like, and maybe Hollywood and Madison Avenue are just giving us what we're hard-wired to prefer?

cinderella-ss1.jpg?itok=CJx5MwhY

Guest Pulgasari

Beauty canons are undoubtedly influenced by media, culture, society, etc That's not a choice, it just happens: you are what you eat. But it is indeed their choice when they decide to promote dark haired men/blonde women; particularly if you consider animated characters created from the scratch.

Are we hard-wired to prefer dark, or blonde, or else? I don't know. But, does that really matter? At this point, that is your taste.

• Members

Townsend, did you not notice that the dementors never went after Ron Weasley?

Image result for kill the gingers

Didn't you ever wonder about that?

It's a well known fact that gingers have no soul.

Image result for kill the gingers

This is what happens when you try to give a ginger a soul.

Related image