Latbear4blk

Room 104

• Members

Is anyone watching the show? I am addicted. The scripts are so well written, the performers are outstanding, the plots are challenging. It reminds me some experiments from Argentinean TV back in the 80s, creativity exploding after the fall of the military tyranny. 

I am amazed that HBO is investing in such a product, so far above the average TV audience. A few weeks ago the episode was a full choreography of dance/theater, or whatever you call it in America. It is a hybrid genre between dancing and acting, it was a huge trend in Buenos Aires in the 80s and 90s, under the influence and inspiration of monsters like Pina Bausch. I am seating to watch an episode and the two actresses without any easy introduction or explanation, just slowly transition from conventional acting to an intense dramatic dancing scene. Beautiful, uncomfortable, confusing, the episode took me through places I do not think a regular TV viewer can enjoy.

Am I the only one?

Guest bobbalino

I did not care for the first few episodes but I have HBO on demand and will be certain to catch the one you describe. The pizza guy with JVDB (1?2?) also acted in I Am Dying Up Here, which caught my attention because it is set during my early adulthood years. So much competition for our time right? Sunday night HBO keeps me busy all week. 

• Members
33 minutes ago, bobbalino said:

I did not care for the first few episodes but I have HBO on demand and will be certain to catch the one you describe. The pizza guy with JVDB (1?2?) also acted in I Am Dying Up Here, which caught my attention because it is set during my early adulthood years. So much competition for our time right? Sunday night HBO keeps me busy all week. 

Did you not watch the episode with the Mormons? 

Guest bobbalino

No, stopped just PRIOR ... u may cognize as AinAmer pun. All right, twist my flabby meso-ecto arm! But I am at 3 week mark in Mexico and have hours to catch up.