kjun12

Guy Fawkes at M4M

3 hours ago, kjun12 said:

I just don't understand your affinity for posting these videos.  Not against it.   I just don't understand it.

Ignore them, then.

What else to say? They are just static things on a web site that do not lunge out Medea-like toward you.

13 minutes ago, RA1 said:

AS-

I have no intention of trying to understand what you do, just enjoy it.  ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

No worries -- I don't understand it either. :lol:

'We must make everything as simple as possible, but not any simpler. If we knew what we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?' Einstein

3 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

If we do anymore "ignoring" around here, the site will be on life-support

Pirate_planet_part3.JPG

Xanxia was the queen of Zanak. She was practically frozen at extreme age in time dams and watched over by the Captain.

Biography

Xanxia was the queen of Zanak at some point. She was rumoured to have evil powers and the ability to live for hundreds of years. She staged galactic wars to demonstrate her powers, but ended up ruining the planet. When the Captain crashed landed, she saved him by fitting him with cybernetic parts, which she used to control him.

At some point, Xanxia created a hologram of herself, with which she could pretend to be the Captain's nurse. She persuaded him to jump Zanak continually through space to plunder planets for rare minerals to feed the time dams.

Xanxia hoped to create a permanently youthful, viable body by preserving her true form in its last few seconds of life. The Fourth Doctor dismissed this as foolish, stating that there wasn't enough energy in the universe to keep the dams running forever. She would always be dependent on the last few seconds of life in her old body. Xanxia was defeated by the Doctor when Zanak was prevented from materialising around Earth. The distraction caused by this failure allowed the time dams and the mountain in which they were enclosed to finally be destroyed by the Mentiads. (TV: The Pirate Planet)

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Xanxia

• Members
22 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

Xanxia was the queen of Zanak.

AdamSmith, I have no idea what you're smoking these days. I hope B didn't zap your keen sense of humor by giving you the cane, and I hope all is OK in your life.

Come to think of it, if the memory still works, I think B is a fan of the sci-fi genre. Seems like the two of you could have been sisters.

4 hours ago, RA1 said:

It is the raisins.  You have been affected by the raisins of wrath.    

Best regards,

RA1

The only cure for Steinbeck's 'greatest' novel! Thank you. :lol:

I slogged through it about halfway to Oklahoma, then threw it in the wastebasket.

Life is too short to spend it deliberately in such a Dustbowl! :angry: