likeohmygod

Need a suggestion about Sao Paulo.

• Members

Hi guys, as someone of you knows i don't like Sao Paulo. It's huge...way too much for me to get used to it.

Normally i stay in the hotel which my company books for me, but since it's been the same one for the last 10 times (Avenida Paulista, near to Consolacao station), and since i've been given the possibility to book a hotel or an airbnb by myself, i need some help to choose a good neighborhood where to stay (possibly not far from Sauna Lagoa). Got any idea? I've been told that Vila Clementino (the bairro which hosts the sauna) by itself is not a good place.

I can't find information searching in the forum.

• Members

I wouldn't want to stay near Lagoa, unless that was the only thing you wanted to do every day of your trip. Staying in Higienopolis or nearby Frei Caneca in the gay/shopping area seems like a good balance of safety, amenities, and gay activities. My AirBNB on my recent trip was near Frei Caneca, and I enjoyed it. But that's very close to the location you described.

• Members

If you personally benefit by saving money staying in a cheaper place I can see deviating from your stomping grounds. I and others here have stayed in hotels not too far n/w from Lagoa, east of the park (Iberapuera?). I think mine was a Days Inn about a 10 minute walk west on the same street as Lagoa. Adequate. But I prefer Jardim/Paulista ... and pretty quick to the Metro near Lagoa. If you are fully expensed, I recommend remaining in your familiar zone.