RockHardNYC

"Revoke my security clearance, too, Mr. President."

• Members

If Trump were really a dictator, nazi or whatever as some claim, this gentleman would not be allowed to speak.  Probably all appointee's security clearances should be revoked whenever a new administration comes in.

Best regards,

RA1

24 minutes ago, RA1 said:

If Trump were really a dictator, nazi or whatever as some claim, this gentleman would not be allowed to speak.  Probably all appointee's security clearances should be revoked whenever a new administration comes in.

Best regards,

RA1

I have very rabidly & articulated here the many reasons I hate Trump.

Could you do the same for your comment above? It is extremely opaque as to evidence, motivationl context, etc.

As I think, from honest intent, my posts am not.

• Members

Some claim Trump is a dictator, etc.  which he clearly is not.  I think it is fairly common practice in business or politics that when a new administration comes in, everyone hands in their resignation or, in this case, security clearance.  I have no hidden agendum other than perhaps presenting another point of view.  The views here are pretty one sided.

Best regards,

RA1

1 hour ago, RA1 said:

Some claim Trump is a dictator, etc.  which he clearly is not.  I think it is fairly common practice in business or politics that when a new administration comes in, everyone hands in their resignation or, in this case, security clearance.  I have no hidden agendum other than perhaps presenting another point of view.  The views here are pretty one sided.

Best regards,

RA1

The very longstanding practice in US government has been for former-admin security officlals to retain their security clearance, to be able to give informed consultation & lessons of experience when requested to the current admin.

Trump's revocation of clearance is absolutely unprecedented.

And pretty clearly simply childishly petulantly motivated, to boot.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/17/mccarthy-era-tactics-ex-spy-chiefs-round-on-trump-in-brennan-row

• Members
1 hour ago, RA1 said:

Some claim Trump is a dictator

I believe the "claim" is that he behaves like a dictator. An important distinction. In a democracy, the president can't actually be a dictator, but he can certainly behave like one.

1 hour ago, RA1 said:

I think it is fairly common practice in business or politics that when a new administration comes in, everyone hands in their resignation or, in this case, security clearance.

The security clearance that the U.S. government provides to former experts has nothing to do with a "new administration" coming in. That's not how this works. Clearances are not for the benefit of those who have them, they're for the country's future security benefit.

John Brennan is one of the most respected and tenured men in U.S. national security. The country is harmed by not having his counsel on security matters, and patriotic conservatives should be outraged. Trump's action against John Brennan is a vindictive vendetta. It's the behavior of a dictator, and I predict he will pay for this behavior. And Republicans as a party deserve to suffer badly for backing and supporting Trump.

Guest marylander1940
On 8/16/2018 at 9:50 PM, RA1 said:

Best regards,

RA1

Trump himself would NOT be able to get security clearance with such a history of debt, risky business, mafia connections, etc...