Riobard

Clearing the air on off-grid member contact

• Members

In the early days of my FB learning curve, another board member came up in my "people you may know list". I thought, well, that is interesting, and on the home page were images and posts that verified he is one and the same. I did not make much of it, but thought it would be hospitable to reach out to this person as at the time he seemed to be the receptive type. 

Now, a few years later he has explicitly communicated to me personally that he wonders if I had gone to some extensive trouble, in a stalky sort of way, to locate his social media profile. In actual fact, my tripping upon his profile was an artefact, most likely, of a mutual FB contact in common, viz our joint association with a geo-particular location. Now I get thousands of these types of prompts ... as many of you know, these inflate with quantity of contacts. 

I think it is appropriate for me here to formally disabuse anyone of the notion that I am stalky. Au contraire, admittedly one of my faults is being diffident and detached from new people in my life, with a relatively narrow social radius. Characters in literature and the other arts draw far greater attention from me. That said, I do make the effort to transcend my introversion and be friendly to nice emotionally centred folks. 

I would have been perfectly fine making my current points herein to this fellow directly, but I am blocked and unfriended. So be it. 

I realize it can be futile to attempt to control the conversation should one's image and reputation be impugned, vindicatively or otherwise due to lack of understanding, in this case, the complexities of digital webbing within the SloLoMo Revolution. 

But it only takes a few minutes to self-empower by presenting an accurate representation of the facts. Any member worth his salt will appreciate my taking the time, and your valuable time (!), to set things straight. 

----

There is probably no reason to add commentary here, but feel free to private message me if I can be at all helpful in some way about the complexities of social interaction on a forum such as ours. 

I won't be circling back to this new topic, so any commentary made will be restricted to eyes only other than mine.

Cheers and thank you.

R