JuanP

Asia: Mileage run and fun New Year? Recommendations?

• Members

I need to do a final mileage run to keep status on American. I’m a member at Soho House and they just opened a new hotel/club in Mumbai and I want to check it out.  But don’t know much about it and not a lot of info on here.  Ultimately, I’m looking for a luxe week in Asia — I’ve not spent much time on the continent.  Cities where US Dollar stretches far, Grindr and hot rent boys are plentiful along with culture and foodie restaurants? Recommendations from the forum?

• Members

I have been in Mumbai 5 times, for a total of 7 weeks, and I never got to hire. I dont understand the local market. I got quoted prices to visit me at my hotel from US$15 with a hint that it could be negotiated, to US$200, no negotiation possible. It seems to be all over the place. 

Since I couldn’t figure out what was wrong with these prices, I lost confidence in my ability to chose a good, honest, guy, that would charge me the market rate with no catch, so I didn’t hire in the end. 

Hopefully you you can tell us how it works.