Steveocean456

Mex-San Miguel-Merida?

• Members

Hi guys, I’m thinking of doing almost  two weeks in Mexico in mid June. I know and love México City (DF) but am interested in visiting San Miguel Allende and Merida (some very enticing posts from locals on here!). Please share some tips and advice with me. 

I’m 45, Miami based Spanish speaking Anglo. Good shape, frugal and pretty street smart. I’m into food and culture not into bar scene or beaches. 

In DF I use Grindr (faceless profile) or street cruising only with very good results. Not looking for pay to play but might be open to it outside of DF since I don’t know how well Grindr will work for me beyond the capital. 

Im planning to stay in an Airbnb in Roma Norte instead of an hotel as always before. and hope to be able to invite guys back without any hassle. Any recommendations? A comfortable bed, a beautiful location and a good shower are the only necessities. Also planning to use Airbnb’s in the other locations. Same requirement. Any suggestions?

I already read the NT Times article and the foodie blogs  but I’m looking for the casual sex side of San Miguel Allende and Merida. 

Proposed agenda, Miami to DF. Stay five days, bus to San Miguel Allende. Stay two night in San Miguel and go to Merida for about five day. Return to Miami.

any advice and personal experiences would be greatly appreciated. Peace!

steve

Grindr is very good in Merida! I use it there all the time.  There are 5 gay bars/clubs in Merida, three of them within walking distance of each other. The other two a short Uber ride away!  Overall Merida for being a traditional Mexican city is very gay friendly! As my friend Florida Rob says "everyone in Merida if they are not gay, want to be!" Lol  

the gay bars have "employees" that will sit with you as long as you buy them beers at a inflated(but still cheap)price! One of the dancers that I met 2 years ago I still see regularly! Here is a photo taken two weeks ago, he stopped buy to see if I wanted to have some fun after work and he is asleep in my bed! He stayed 6 hours and I gave him $500. Pesos($26.US) and 3 beers!1035E70E-6A1D-406D-9BB8-FFBEA4A9112C.thumb.jpeg.00073d8643aeaf0ea0ff07afe7059629.jpeg 

Edited by tomcal

• Members

Hi Steveocean456, San Miguel de Allende is one of my favorite places ever! It’s just so beautiful and there’s a lot of things to do and the museums are interesting, when I’m in there usually grindr or scruff are the best options, it’s a small town and you may find some locals willing to play, however  last time I went there was basically no one on these apps.  There’s a chance tho that because of the month you’ll be visiting you’ll find a lot of European and American crowd due vacations (an of course San Miguel has a big community of American expats)