MsGuy

Is Trump the Adult in the Room?

• Members

OK, so this article in WaPo implies that Trump was actually telling the truth for once when he said last week that he was restraining Bolton's war lust.

I've long since gotten to the point that I just can't bring myself to pay a whole lot of attention to the Donald's antics, but, much as I want to ignore him, war with Iran is enough to catch my eye.

WaPo's sources basically say that the European's don't see much evidence that Iran is moving toward attacking U.S. assets (a really high risk stratagy for them) and our own military, intelligence and diplomatic people are divided in how certain intelligence should be interpeted.  Some Europeans hint they think Bolton and Pompeo are ginning up cover for a war of choice with Iran, not unlike Bolton did  with Bagdad.

So does anyone here follow this shit closely enough to give an informed opinion as to whether Bolton, Pompeo and company are actually crazed enough to want a "preventive war with Iran? Or is this just WaPo and some Europeans being paranoid?

• Members

I don't think B-52's and a carrier task force were sent to the MED without Trump's knowledge or just so the sailors could possibly have good liberty in Athena.  Someone is rattling a saber and it is difficult to know who.

Best regards,

RA1