matt4twinks

Brazil Virgin Trip Planning

• Members

Hi Gentlemen,

I'm planning my first trip to Brazil and have a few questions even though I have read several posts.

I'm planning to go to both Rio and SP. Landing first in SP then on to Rio. I'm thinking of 3 weeks either March or late May through September. Any thoughts as to when to go? Should I add another stop or leave it at these two only? I'm mostly interested in twink guys if it matters. Also, should I only use Airbnb's or do a hotel? Where is the best areas of town a newbie should consider staying in?

Oh, and do I really need to get waxed....all over, lol?

Thanks in advance for your help. Message me if you don't want to make specific suggestions here.

Edited by matt4twinks

most of the your choices boil down to personal preferences! if it is your first time(or even 10th time)i would stay in Copacabana or Ipanema. the rest is really individual! i only stay in Airbnb’s, usually the same ones i have been using for years! but i have good friends that only stay in hotels because they like the amenities they provide over Airbnb! either way you will have a great time!

• Members
16 hours ago, Tomcal said:

most of the your choices boil down to personal preferences! if it is your first time(or even 10th time)i would stay in Copacabana or Ipanema. the rest is really individual! i only stay in Airbnb’s, usually the same ones i have been using for years! but i have good friends that only stay in hotels because they like the amenities they provide over Airbnb! either way you will have a great time!

Thanks tomcal. I will stay at an Airbnb in Copa or Ipanema but what about SP? What are of town should I get an Airbnb there?

Also, should I spread the three weeks over those two places or add a third stop?

i stay in 1)Planalto Paulista or 2)Moema neighborhoods when i am in SP.  Both have single family homes, upscale areas, very safe to walk around in, close to restaurants and 10 -12 minutes by car from both Lagoa and CGH airport.  

If i would add a third stop it would be either Porto Alegre or Belo Horzonte although only for a weekend at either city!

i think being your first visit i would just do Rio 75% and SP 25% of your travel time!

if i were to compare the two cities i would say that Rio is like Miami Beach and São Paulo is like NYC...imho!

Edited by tomcal

• Members

i certainly agree with all the recommendations that @Tomcal has made so far.

if waxing your whole body is something you usually do then just go ahead and do it, if not, i am pretty sure the boys will not care. There are several places in both Rio and Sao Paulo that can do that for you if you choose to do it there. 

I am a city brat, a lover of the concrete jungle so I definitely prefer Sao Paulo to Rio Janeiro. I also think Sao Paulo has a more vibrant club scene than Rio if you are into that. just an opinion. 

Most of the sages and experienced guys here advice first timers to use hotels.  On my first and subsequent trips to any of these cities I did not use hotels, i have always used airbnb because I wanted to be free to bring anyone to my apartment if i wanted to without have to worry about whether i will be allowed visitors or not (caution: Some airbnbs also have that rule so make sure you read before you make the final booking). 

In addition to the neighbourhoods mentioned by Tomcal, You can also try Itaim bibi if you are feeling too posh. 

don't hesitate to shoot a message if you have more questions.

• Members

Thanks for the info guys...just want I needed.

Yes, hotels are maybe a tad safer but I really prefer an Airbnb even this first time. I will follow safety tips mentioned here as well as a few of my own from trips to Colombia and years traveling. The neighborhoods given are very helpful.

• Members
On 9/15/2019 at 12:31 AM, matt4twinks said:

... I'm thinking of 3 weeks either March or late May through September. Any thoughts as to when to go?...

I would go twice, in both March and September.... you will love the place!

Also, what are the best hotels for that allow visitors? I usually go Ibis

Edited by redxs

• Members
1 hour ago, redxs said:

I would go twice, in both March and September.... you will love the place!

Also, what are the best hotels for that allow visitors? I usually go Ibis

Great info red!