AdamSmith

Bloomberg v. Trump

• Members
11 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

They support every Republican candidate and politician. By 'they' I mean the city police.

I have no idea of the political orientation of those who would aid the hungry and destitute. Which you know is what our Lord and Savior commanded us to do, without judgment.

Could you say why you said what you said above? It seems relentlessly heartless.

Firstly there seems to be a certain amount of hooliganism present among Sanders' supporters.  Secondly, are you suggesting that the police are unified in their support of any one political party?  Blacks and other minorities are accused of this but it isn't so.  Thirdly, I meant the ones attacking might be Sanders' supporters, not the hungry/destitute.  

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
40 minutes ago, RA1 said:

Firstly there seems to be a certain amount of hooliganism present among Sanders' supporters.

I've always respected RA1. I am familiar with his posts from the other board. However, this discussion has gone silly.

In my lifetime, I don't ever recall a presidential candidate who promoted "hooliganism" in the manner used by Trump. Never before. I thought it was disgusting and scary. There were fist fights at his rallys and Trump promised to pick up the medical bills if his fans beat up protesters. Insanity.

On national TV the other night, Sanders denounced any "hooligans" that might support him. He told them all to "go to hell" and "get as far away from my campaign as possible." He said he did not want their votes.

Apples and oranges. I'll take Sanders' approach to society's trolls any day over Trump's.

Edited by RockHardNYC

• Members
2 minutes ago, RockHardNYC said:

I've always respected RA1. I am familiar with his posts from the other board. However, this discussion has gone silly.

In my lifetime, I don't ever recall a presidential candidate who promoted "hooliganism" in the manner used by Trump. Never before. I thought it was disgusting and scary. There were fist fights at his rallys and Trump promised to pick up the medical bills if his fans beat up protesters. Insanity.

On national TV the other night, Sanders denounced any "hooligans" that might support him. He told them all to "go to hell" and "get as far away from my campaign as possible." He said he did not want their votes.

Apples and oranges. I'll take Sanders approach to society's trolls any day over Trump's.

Apparently all discussions eventually go silly, especially when the site is so one sided.  I can understand some of the view points of various posters, whether I agree or not.  There seems to be little reciprocity but I still enjoy the conversation.  

Of course, Trump is full of it but not so revolutionary as some of the Democrats seem to be.  Like some others, I pay little attention to what Trump says, only what he does.  I realize that is not perfect also.  Still, among several "difficult" choices I choose Trump.  

Best regards.

RA1

• Members
4 minutes ago, RA1 said:

Still, among several "difficult" choices I choose Trump. 

Which explains why I've lost respect for a number of people in my life, including family members. It's sad to lose family over politics, but, for me, the line is crossed with Mafioso Trump support.

Fortunately for me, several former voters of Trump in my circle say they could never vote for him again, based on the job he is doing and the decisions he makes. They may exist, but I don't know any Republican New Yorkers who support right-leaning judges. None of my Republican friends want to see Roe vs. Wade overturned, for instance.

For all the lost respect in these past three years, I have made new conservative friends. Most of the famous conservatives that I read and listen to have all left the Republican Party and, thankfully, have become Never-Trumpers. Good things can happen in the presence of tragedy.

• Members
2 minutes ago, RockHardNYC said:

Which explains why I've lost respect for a number of people in my life, including family members. It's sad to lose family over politics, but, for me, the line is crossed with Mafioso Trump support.

Fortunately for me, several former voters of Trump in my circle say they could never vote for him again, based on the job he is doing and the decisions he makes. They may exist, but I don't know any Republican New Yorkers who support right-leaning judges. None of my Republican friends want to see Roe vs. Wade overturned, for instance.

For all the lost respect in these past three years, I have made new conservative friends. Most of the famous conservatives that I read and listen to have all left the Republican Party and, thankfully, have become Never-Trumpers. Good things can happen in the presence of tragedy.

I have no interest in Roe vs. Wade to be overturned.  As a Libertarian, it is not my place or the governments, to dictate what a woman does with her body.  As far as NY Republicans, should I paraphrase Goldwater?  :)

Best regards,

RA1