Guest MonkeySee

Will we have a Junior Senator from Illinois?

Guest shebavon

It is funny. The only reason Burris was seated was because the Republicans tried to tar Reid's efforts not to seat him as racist. Now, if the Dems do not distance themselves from Burris, they will be tarred as being corrupt.

What a conundrum this can become

Guest shebavon
With the latest developments, I think Burris will resign.

I agree, I think he is toast. At the very least he will not be elected in two years, but I too think that it is more than likely that he will be forced to resign.

Are there any honest politicians (other than St Barack) in Illinois? Not even Fitzpatrick is squeeky clean.

Guest GaySacGuy
It is a conundrum but my guess is it will all blow over. I think Burris will be alright.

Burris doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of surviving as a Senator. He will be lucky if he isn't indicted and is able to stay out of jail. He lied under oath to the Illinois Senate...and with all those tape recordings, he should have known much better.

Guest MonkeySee
He lied under oath to the Illinois Senate...and with all those tape recordings, he should have known much better.

Didn't one of my favorite President's lie under oath? I think he came out of it alright.

Guest GaySacGuy
Didn't one of my favorite President's lie under oath? I think he came out of it alright.

Burris is no Bill Clinton...or Richard Nixon!!!

He lied about the very subject of the investigation and will not survive as Senator!!

Guest MonkeySee
Burris is no Bill Clinton...or Richard Nixon!!!

He lied about the very subject of the investigation and will not survive as Senator!!

Granted he is no Bill Clinton, but time will tell. I see where some black pastors are calling for him to resign.

Guest lvdkeyes

Big difference between lying about getting your cock sucked and lying about corrupt illegal practices.

Guest MonkeySee
Big difference between lying about getting your cock sucked and lying about corrupt illegal practices.

Same same, but different. Lying under oath is what it is. What is is anyway?

Guest lvdkeyes
Same same, but different. Lying under oath is what it is. What is is anyway?

Stealing a dollar or stealing 10 million dollars are both stealing, but there is a major difference between the two.

Guest shebavon

I most certainly believe and hope that he is toast. Sen. Reid was right in trying to block the appointment before he was seated, and the only reason that happened was because the Republicans and Hannity types were claiming racism.

Now they are so gleeful watching the Dems distance themselves from one of their own.

Cynical politics at its best.

Guest MonkeySee
Stealing a dollar or stealing 10 million dollars are both stealing, but there is a major difference between the two.

The point is if you lie under oath, no matter if it is about a blowjob or about who you had a conversation with, it is still the same. As for stealing a dollar or a million dollars there are different laws in different states. Say a dollar to $1500 may be classified as petty larceny in some states, whereas anything over that cut off point is classified as grand larceny. Then under the law whether it is $1500 or a million it is the same. Of course, the jury may see it differently.

Guest shebavon

As one of my favorite tunes says, "George Bush lied about weapons of mass destruction, Clinton lied about a blow job...What's worse fighting a war, or sticking your Havana in a Human Humidor, Clinton got a blow job".

Cynical politicians wasted 2 years of the nations attention over a blow job. 9/11 and Bush resulted from it.

If every politician who ever lied was forced from office, we would have no one left.

As one of my favorite tunes says, "George Bush lied about weapons of mass destruction, Clinton lied about a blow job...What's worse fighting a war, or sticking your Havana in a Human Humidor, Clinton got a blow job".

Cynical politicians wasted 2 years of the nations attention over a blow job. 9/11 and Bush resulted from it.

If every politician who ever lied was forced from office, we would have no one left.

I do not care that he got a blow job, and I am not surprised politicans lie. I just hate to see them lie under oath---especially when they are the President of the US. Like it or not on this issue I feel the Republicans had a good position. What was stupid and cynical to me was the Whitewater investigation, and the special prosecutor's misuse of the powers given him.

Guest MonkeySee
I do not care that he got a blow job, and I am not surprised politicans lie. I just hate to see them lie under oath---especially when they are the President of the US. Like it or not on this issue I feel the Republicans had a good position.

I will have to agree with you Khorie. I did not like the fact that the president lied under oath, but come on, it was only a blowjob. Many people thought because of the "rule of law," Bill would be brought down. My point is the junior senator may also get away with it. He certainly is no Bill Clinton, but we will have to see how it plays out.

What was stupid and cynical to me was the Whitewater investigation, and the special prosecutor's misuse of the powers given him.

Ironic that Bill was the one that signed the paperwork allowing the special prosecutor office to continue. I think it was a left-over from the Nixon era.

Guest shebavon
I do not care that he got a blow job, and I am not surprised politicans lie. I just hate to see them lie under oath---especially when they are the President of the US. Like it or not on this issue I feel the Republicans had a good position. What was stupid and cynical to me was the Whitewater investigation, and the special prosecutor's misuse of the powers given him.

I too do not like the idea of lying under oath, however it was the Special Prosecutors abuse of his powers which put him in the precarious position.

That was what I meant by the sentence "Cynical politicians wasted 2 years of the nations attention over a blow job. 9/11 and Bush resulted from it. "

I too do not like the idea of lying under oath, however it was the Special Prosecutors abuse of his powers which put him in the precarious position.

That was what I meant by the sentence "Cynical politicians wasted 2 years of the nations attention over a blow job. 9/11 and Bush resulted from it. "

I would like to speculate what would have happened had Clinton stepped down and allowed Gore to be President? It not only would have been the right thing to do, but it probably would have been the deciding factor in the 2000 election to put Gore over the top. So the bottom line is whose fault is that we got George Bush. Clinton fucked up, and had he had any real character he should have resigned.

While lying under oath was his main crime, stop and think what kind of impulse control does Clinton show by getting a blow job from an idiot page in the oval office? This is the man with his finger on a nucleur botton. The democrats failure to recognize it wasn't the morality of getting a blow job, but the circumstances and the lie led to their rejection by the American public.