Guest Larstrup

The Organ

Guest Larstrup
1 hour ago, AdamSmith said:

I think He will, actually.

Wait a minute. You’re now a believer? And why is “he” your pronoun? 

Guest Larstrup
On 6/8/2018 at 9:41 PM, AdamSmith said:

My undergraduate senior-thesis advisor.

Yet, alas, another loss. Here, in my late 50s, of my then-heroes.

He was nothing but supportive & encouraging of my undergraduate intellectual enthusiasms.

mcclatchy-obit-jumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto

Of my wildest ideas.

Knowing he is now gone from the scene... :sad:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/11/obituaries/jd-mcclatchy-poet-of-the-body-in-sickness-and-health-dies-at-72.html

Those blessed with his gift, honor him with what one forwards in his name. Life is fleeting, heroes who enriched our lives rely upon those gifted with his presence, to pay it forward and kept his message alive. We are nothing but from we learned from them while in there presence. It’s the circle of live which keeps us all responsible for furthering their message. 

21 hours ago, Larstrup said:

Wait a minute. You’re now a believer? And why is “he” your pronoun? 

I rather doubt the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary would approve of my notions of belief.

Those run more along many alternate traditions. Shinto, probably closest to my soul. And, probably closest to my whole being, the Hindu Vedanta.

Guest Larstrup
On 6/17/2018 at 10:26 PM, Larstrup said:

Those blessed with his gift, honor him with what one forwards in his name. Life is fleeting, heroes who enriched our lives rely upon those gifted with his presence, to pay it forward and kept his message alive. We are nothing but from we learned from them while in there presence. It’s the circle of live which keeps us all responsible for furthering their message. 

I failed to properly embrace you for your loss.  And for that I am deeply sorry. We will always lose people in our lives through death; yet some of them always hurt deeper than others, although all are painful. I am sorry for your pain and loss Adam Smith,  and as always and forever,  if you ever need to talk,  I’m here. 

Guest Larstrup
1 hour ago, AdamSmith said:

Not at all! Your original post was so understanding, and so moving. I was deeply grateful.

One never knows, so one just wants to be sure. Because....btw, I’m the Jane Fonda look–a–like front row right. :lol: