Nikom

Gay Myanmar group in Chiang Mai

Does anyone have a contact [email, etc.] for a reportedly gay Myanmar group in Chiang Mai? Do they have a web site?

I have been told that they have been there for some time apparently with western security funds.

I am trying to get in touch with them.

Maybe they don't exist anymore. I heard about this group several years ago in Chiang Mai. Recently a contact in Yangon ask if I could make contact with them.

For those interested in 'the cause', gay life is growing fast in Yangon and now Mandalay. Next month will be the first 'social' that the gay boys have ever had. Will gather at a restaurant to eat and meet.

An even bigger 'meet' is being planned for the New Year in April. We plan to do spread the word much wider. Sorta waiting to see how the first one goes!

For those of you relatively new to this message board, Nikom has a great deal of experience in Burma and has been an excellent source of information. You might want to do a search for his previous posts and read what he has to say. He has been perfectly willing to answer whatever questions he can. I wouldn't dream of a trip to Burma without first consulting Nikom.