RockHardNYC

One day you're FABULOUS, the next you're not.

• Members

The Dispossession of André Leon Talley

First his book whining about all the "friends" who are no more, and now this. It's very embarrassing and humiliating to have your private affairs hanging out in public for all to see, stains and all. Nobody likes UGLY in fashion.

I can relate to this story because I have always owned more than one property in NYC. I got very lucky with real estate in the early 80's, when certain neighborhoods were in flux. I have loaned apartments to several "friends" in show business. Certain high-powered people in Hollywood know I have an apartment or two to rent to a glamorous actor or actress for a short work stay.

I am also known as "generous," and I once allowed an actress to live in one of my apartments for longer than a year. I was lucky. She had to go back to L.A. for work, and that is when I cut ties, vowing never again. You live and learn.

It is extremely rare when business and friendship mix well. It's a sorry lesson that most people don't learn until it's too late. When lawyers get involved, it means DAMAGE beyond repair.