Riobard

Twitter feed question

• Members

After months with a Twitter account I am now getting, in my feed, content stating who somebody I follow follows. Annoying, because I would just have to go their page to see those contacts. But now they are annoyingly popping up randomly. 

I cannot stop them like for some ads that come up and you can remove and inhibit that content. I cannot figure out any settings strategy to stop the content. I know I can just not click ‘show this thread’ but is there a way to block such notifications? Some are digital media with hundreds/thousands being followed and I worry my feed will be overrun. BTW, It does not seem related to the type of content I reply to. 

• Members
5 hours ago, Riobard said:

I cannot figure out any settings strategy

Oh boy if you can't figure it out then everyone's lost....I asked a friend whose supposedly a twitter whizbang and he gave this advice.

I hope it helps.

I thought this was going to take a while but then I went searching again and found this article describing how to turn on notifications so I jumped on it!

Right inside Twitter settings, buried deep in Settings and privacy > Notifications > Push notifications is a setting I must have enabled called “Tweets from people you follow”. Disable this and your notifications are your own again. Do this on a mobile device as on the web you have to enable Push Notifications and your browser may not support them.

• Members
5 minutes ago, Lonnie said:

Oh boy if you can't figure it out then everyone's lost....I asked a friend whose supposedly a twitter whizbang and he gave this advice.

I hope it helps.

I thought this was going to take a while but then I went searching again and found this article describing how to turn on notifications so I jumped on it!

Right inside Twitter settings, buried deep in Settings and privacy > Notifications > Push notifications is a setting I must have enabled called “Tweets from people you follow”. Disable this and your notifications are your own again. Do this on a mobile device as on the web you have to enable Push Notifications and your browser may not support them.

Thanks for trying. That’s not it. I had not enabled Twitter account notifications in my iOS settings. I knew when I was writing my post that using the word ‘notification’ would be a problem. I will probably have to click on the ‘not interested’ each time and hope that Twitter’s brain eventually recognizes I don’t want the clutter in my timeline.