Gaybutton

New Baht Bus Fares Set

The full PATTAYA MAIL article is here: http://www.pattayamail.com/current/news.shtml#hd3

I'm posting the significant portion of the PATTAYA MAIL article:

_____

If users are charged the wrong fares by the cooperative, they can call the 1337 Pattaya City Call Center to report it. Disciplinary action can then be taken against offending drivers, such as fines and suspension of the driver’s licenses.

Official minibus fares listed by the Chonburi Transport Office are:

The Charoenrat Pattana-Najomtien Village route:

Charoenrat Pattana-Nipa Lodge Hotel 8 baht

Charoenrat Pattana -Asia Hotel 21 baht

Charoenrat Pattana-Soi Chaiyapruk 29 baht

Nipa Lodge Hotel-Pattaya Market 8 baht

Nipa Lodge Hotel-Asia Hotel 14 baht

Nipa Lodge Hotel-Soi Chaiyapruk 22 baht

The Pattaya Market -Soi Chaiyapruk 15 baht

Asia Hotel-Soi Chaiyapruk 8 baht

The around Pattaya route:

From the beginning of South Pattaya-Banglamung Plaza 8 baht

From the beginning of South Pattaya-Nipa Lodge (North Pattaya) 10 baht

From Banglamung Plaza-Nipa Lodge junction (North Pattaya) 8 baht

From Banglamung Plaza-beginning of South Pattaya 10 baht

From Nipa Lodge junction (North Pattaya)-Banglamung Plaza 8 baht

North Pattaya-Central Pattaya:

North Pattaya-Central Pattaya Road Intersection 8 baht

North Pattaya-Somprasong Plaza 11 baht

North Pattaya-Wat Bunkanjanaram 23 baht

Central Pattaya Road Intersection-Somprasong Plaza 8 baht

Central Pattaya Road Intersection-Central Pattaya T-Intersection 17 baht

Somprasong Plaza-Wat Bunkanjanaram 8 baht

Somprasong Plaza-Central Pattaya T-Intersection 12 baht

Wat Bunkanjanaram-Central Pattaya T-Intersection 8 baht

For more fare information please contact the Pattaya Information Desk at 038-253-131-32 or the Pattaya City Call Center at 1337.

What does that make boystown to Jomtiem , ? is it still the farang rate of 10bht

Beats me. The published fare schedule is more confusing than ever. The best I can suggest is to call the 1337 number, pray that you can get through, pray that someone on that end can speak English, and pray they can tell you the fare.

Guest Astrrro

Can't make heads or tails of this. I've never heard of most of these places. Guess I'll just continue to pay 10 baht.

I was thinking the other day that more baht buses travel south on Soi Buakao than north. I see lots of them turn off of Soi Buakao onto Pattaya Tai but don't see as many turn from Pattaya Tai onto Soi Buakao.

Guest MonkeySee
Can't make heads or tails of this. I've never heard of most of these places. Guess I'll just continue tp pay 10 baht.

I was thinking the other day that more baht buses travel south on Soi Buakao than north. I see lots of them turn off of Soi Buakao onto Pattaya Tai but don't see as many turn from Pattaya Tai onto Soi Buakao.

On Tuesday and Friday, market day I see many baht buses going both ways. I have never noticed on other days because I do not spend a lot of time in that area.

I have always paid the 10 baht for the ride, like most. As fare as the list of the set fares, I too, can not make heads or tails out of it.

Can't make heads or tails of this. I've never heard of most of these places.

Neither have I. I know a grand total of two of the places listed. I don't have a clue what "Central Pattaya Road Intersection-Central Pattaya T-Intersection" is supposed to mean.

"The Pattaya Market" - What's that? Never heard of it.

"Somprasong Plaza" - Never heard of that one either. And I live here! If someone told me to go out and find Somprasong Plaza, I wouldn't have any idea where to look and I probably wouldn't know the name of it even if I found it.

Why they can't just come up with a standard fare that everyone pays goes beyond me. The best suggestion I can make is what Astrrro said. Hand the driver 10 baht and be on your way.

Guest buckeroo2
Can't make heads or tails of this. I've never heard of most of these places. Guess I'll just continue to pay 10 baht.

I often take songtaows in each direction on Soi Buakao and I never noticed any difference in the frequency of their avaialability in either direction - I am talking about hours in the 9 AM - 9 PM time frame. I always take a songtaow on Soi Buakao from Pattaya Tai RD to Central Rd and then walk to Carrefour and then do the reverse to get back to Pattaya Tai Rd. If I have any wait at all it is usually 1-2 minutes - can't remember ever waiting more than 5 minutes - again in either direction.