Grindr Advertising

I've been mainly using Grindr again on this trip.  Advantages were large clear pictures, unlimited blocks and less advertising than Hornet. 

All was well until about 3 days ago, when Grindr suddenly increased the advertising.

Now I can be scrolling through the selection and it suddenly opens the Lazada app, without my consent.   I go back to Grindr and a few seconds later, it sends me to Lazada again.   I type a message and sometimes, part way through, it sends me to Lazada again.

I know they need advertising revenue, but all this will do is cause people to leave Grindr and they won't even look at the Lazada app.

I've reported this to Google, as Grindr is opening another app without my consent. 

Do others have this problem ?   Please only comment if you have tried Grindr in the last couple of days.

Please also advise which country you are in and which operating system you are using.  

I'd like to know if Apple also permit one app to open another app, without user consent.  Whilst my current plan is to stay with Android, I can revise that if another OS works better.

I improved matters slightly by changing the settings on the Lazada app so that it asks me for permission before opening from a link.   That just gives a smaller pop up which is easier to ignore.  Totally denying it permission just results in Lazada opening in a browser, which is not helpful.

Grindr seems to have a lower amount of advertising for the first weeks you download it, then suddenly the obnoxious ads start.

I am pretty sure it is against the app store ToS for Grindr to do what you're describing on IOS, but the full-screen ads often forced me to completely stop the app process and open it again because it got stuck on the ad.

I caved and bought the subscription, I hate giving in to companies with such poor advertising practices and the shady data mining that Grindr does in partnership with its Chinese owner... but the alternatives are all worse.

I've reported the issue to Grindr.  I've had several E-Mails with questions, but the follow up questions show they are not reading my answers.   Grinder is actually opening the Lazada app, without my consent and they simply don't grasp this.

Meanwhile, I've noticed that my phone has a far worse advertising problem than my Android tablet.  On the tablet, I can browse both Hornet and Grindr for a very long time with no pop ups or apps being opened.

However, as Grindr doesn't synch messages across devices, I've traditionally preferred to use just one device, which has usually been the phone as it's got mobile data.   I might have to revise that way of operating.