Guest henderking

best to stay

Guest henderking

Hi to all,

i will be visiting Bangkok again this month. The last time I visit, I stayed at Babylon Barracks. It was a good stay. I was just wondering if there are other accomodations in Bangkok like Babylon? or are there other places that's quite as good as babylon or better?

thanks.

henry

oh and what are the other sauna places (like Babylon?) you can recommend in Bangkok?

I'm not sure I'm interpreting correctly what you are seeking. If you mean another set of rooms adjoining a gay sauna, I doubt you are going to find anything better than Babylon. There are certainly other gay saunas in Bangkok, but they cater to the Thai crowd. I have never been to any of them because every time I have heard stories about them it's always the same thing: It's Thais looking for other Thais and the few "farang" that patronize them are largely ignored.

You might investigate the Obelisks. Several years ago they used to rent out rooms in the fashion of Babylon. I don't know whether they still rent out rooms.

Anyway, you will find Obelisks and other gay sauna listings, along with other gay venues that are not saunas at the following URL:

http://www.khsnet.net/pinkink/resources/venues.htm

Guest mauRICE

You might investigate the Obelisks. Several years ago they used to rent out rooms in the fashion of Babylon. I don't know whether they still rent out rooms.

Have The Obelisks reopened? I thought both the hotel and sauna closed years ago.

Have The Obelisks reopened? I thought both the hotel and sauna closed years ago.

Well, if that's the case, then scratch Obelisks. The last time I was there was also years ago. If they've closed I didn't know about it. There's one way to find out. That URL I listed above has their phone number. I suppose if someone is interested he could give the number a call and see. If Obelisks is gone, then I don't know of anyplace else that would be anything similar to Babylon.

R.I.P.

Without reading reams on out-of-date, ditsy and defunct websites; Obelisks was raided in 18-8-2001 (The mess-boards were simply abuzz with it.) and (Looks like) reopened and was converted to something-or-other* in 2003.

(*The referenced page does not come up; get the annoying 'not available message.')

If you enjoy wading through wordy business-as-usual tales from the past:

http://sqzm14.ust.hk/hkgay/news/bangkok-crackdown.html