Gaybutton

Gaybutton.com

I am delighted to see that this web site, one of the few one can still get to within Thailand without being blocked, has a working message board again.

I have been receiving E-mail asking whether I intend to restore my web site and message board now that Thaksin has stepped down.

At the moment I have no plans to restore my web site, but that is not engraved in stone. I still don't know why it was blocked in the first place. However, it is still very premature for me to make any decisions.

In the meantime, if anyone out there wishes to have any of the articles that were on my web site or wishes to contact me personally, all you need to do is drop a line to me at gaybutton@gmail.com . Despite the fact that I no longer operate a web site, I am still happy to help out when I am able and to provide what information I can to anyone who requests it.

Thanks for your Kindness and offer of sharing informations that was on your site, that is really nice.

I still don't understand why this happened at the first place, as nothing was wrong with your site.

If Gaybutton gets back "Live", please let us as soon as possible. Your site has helped a great amount of people out there, including me, on my first steps to Thailand and it would wonderful to see it last much longer.

I am sure you will make the right choices and till then Good Luck to you :);)

Guest catawampuscat

I miss GayButton and found the site very helpful,especially before my first trip..I don't read the Thai English newspapers and miss all the news which GayButton used to post.. Unfortunately, GayButton's owner was frequently attacked because he controlled his message board and threw out the trolls that infect and pollute Sawatdee Forum.. I found many of the articles interesting and since Men of Siam is out of print or very dated (correct me if I am wrong), much information about how the bars worked, off system, tipping, short time long time, clothing to wear in the tropics, the gay beach in Jomtien and on and on...I think it woud be a great idea if Gaybutton somehow transferred thta info over to this site..Of course, the moderators would have to think it was a good idea too and GayButton as well...

I think it woud be a great idea if Gaybutton somehow transferred that info over to this site..Of course, the moderators would have to think it was a good idea too and GayButton as well...

I very much appreciate your comments. I have received a number of E-mails with similar requests. Please understand that the articles and information that were on my web site represented an enormous amount of research and writing. I don't want to just transfer it all over to someone else's web site. Besides, the people behind this web site are doing a marvelous job and don't seem to be in need of any assistance from me.

As you pointed out, books such as The Men of Thailand are no longer being published or updated. I am working on a book myself, now that I no longer have a web site, and much of the information that was on the web site, as well as plenty more, will be included in the book. Of course, I can already see that it is going to take quite awhile, at least a year or two, before the book is ready, which is why I am happy to provide copies, upon request, of any articles that were on my web site.

As a matter of fact, I have also been receiving excellent ideas from people. One in particular that comes to mind is trying to come up with a way to have supplements that contain "getting there" cards to show taxi drivers without having to schlepp around an entire book. I too relied on The Men of Thailand when I first came to Thailand, but it was a pain to have to carry the book around to be able to show taxi drivers where I wanted to go. Also, I managed to forget the book in a bar ot two on occasion and had to buy another copy. There's got to be a better way, and I'm working on a number of ideas.

Another consideration is going to be methods by which updates can be provided on a regular basis, since bars now seem to come and go, change names, change phone numbers, etc. almost monthly.

I'm looking forward to one thing I'll need to do: In order for the book to be as accurate as possible, I'm going to have to visit every gay bar in Thailand. All of them. Anyone want to come with me . . . .?

Guest xstreamlove

OK here goes I am new to this posting so hope I do it correctly. This will be my first and for the most part am more of a reader then poster. But I also must take the time to thank gaybuttons for his website and for all the time he took to HELP!! Other people in need of information on Thailand. I too was a first time visitor to Thailand and found his website to be extremely helpful. Gaybuttons im sure will not remember me but I must tell you this he went far and above to help me as I was such a newbie to Thailand the man even gave me his phone number and spoke to me on the phone and answered all my questions. He took the time to talk to me and had never met me or knew who I was but still helped this stranger. This to me is a man who has a big heart. If only this world had more like him to take the time to help strangers what a wonderful world we would live in. I will never forget you for your help and act of kindness to me and only hope one day when im in Thailand I can meet you and buy you a drink and show you in a small way how thankful I am to you for taking the time to help me. Good luck on your new book and I wish you the best in all you do.

PS: can you send me or tell me the name of the travel agent you had in your website.

Thanks again

Gaybutton's site listed Rhonda at Norcross Travel. US Toll free number 1-888-888-7157 or the toll number 1-770-934-2777. I have used her many times to book to Thailand. She consistently has the cheapest fair.

Gaybuttons im sure will not remember me

Thank you for those comments. I don't remember you under the name "xstreamlove." I don't know your name, so perhaps I would remember you after all, if I knew.

On any case, I'm not much of a drinker, but make it a dinner and you've got a deal.

The travel agent is Rhonda, of Norcross Travel. You want to ask specifically to speak with her. The number is 1-888-888-7157. She's located in Norcross, Georgia, just outside of Atlanta. She'll handle all the arrangements by phone and she'll mail the tickets to you.

I highly recommend her. Obviously she can only help people located in the USA. What I suggest is finding the best deal you can and then calling Rhonda. She almost always can beat whatever price you found, usually by several hundred dollars.