endlessdream

Brazil and Chile trip planning Dec. 2023 to Jan. 2024

• Members

I know it sounds crazy, but I did just book another trip to Brazil December 2023 to January 2024. Among other good deals, I noticeably managed to use merely 45k Alaska airlines miles to book CXJ(Caxias do sul) to GRU in economy, GRU to SCL in business, and SCL to NYC in business on Latam. 

I will arrive in San Paulo on 26th of December, and my flight from Caxias do sul starts on 11th of January. The Sandiago de Chile stopover is for five days.

I need to insert one other city between 26/12 and 11/01 I’m thinking about Salvador. 

I chose Caxias do sul because it’s close to Porto Alegre. So I’ll need to buy a ticket from CGH to SSA then to POA. From POA to CXJ I’ll take a bus  it’s only two hours.

Most domestic flights in late December to January in Brazil are extremely expensive. I think I will burn some of my American Airlines miles. As they are completely refundable, they could be good back up plans.

Any suggestions? Any input is welcome!

I hope five days in Santiago de Chile is enough.