HiThereAll

Brazil CPF application instructions, June 2023 and doterra dot com

• Members

Brazil CPF application instructions, June 2023 and doterra dot com

Hello Folks:

This is not intended to be a discussion of whether or not to get a CPF. For me the decision was easy as on prior trips, things would have been easier and less expensive with a CPF. For those only spending a short time in Brazil it might not be worth applying - up to you. No doubt there is more than 1 way to do this, but the method I found via the doterra.com website was accurate and I received an email with my CPF number in less than 1 week. Once received, I printed out the document. For a longer stay in Brazil, I would suggest printing several copies and keeping one on your cell phone. The doterra instructions were very helpful. There is no cost to apply.

https://media.doterra.com/br-otg/pt/flyers/gac-step-by-step-english.pdf

(You can also use:

https://www.gov.br/mre/pt-br/embaixada-helsinque/consular-services/cpf-taxpayer-registry-for-individuals    and link to:

https://servicos.receita.fazenda.gov.br/Servicos/CPF/cpfEstrangeiro/Fcpf.asp)

Use your full name, including any middle name, as your name on the application must match that of your non Brazilian passport.

Not sure how or if the Brazilian folks processing the application know about mom, but put a first and last name, not just a maiden last name.

Save a pdf of the Brazil generated application form with your information on it, print it, sign it and scan it. You will send this back to Brazil via email, along with the items below.  

Perform a good quality scan of your passport picture and signature pages.

Get a good quality head (selfie) photo with your passport’s face picture along with the ID information on that passport page clearly showing by your head.

I pasted all 3 into a MS Word document and sent that back to Brazil via email. Put your name, date, and application number on each page. I also made a pdf copy of the word document to send back to them as well, along with the signed application form as a separate document, so 2 pdf documents and 1 MS Word document were attached. I also put my full name, date, and application number in the email subject line. I also included a short application memo in English and google translated to Portuguese (as my language skills are not perfect) in the email body – which included my address, phone number and email address.

Hello:

Attached please find a signed and scanned pdf copy of my CPF application along with copies of my passport photo and signature pages, and me holding my passport. Microsoft Word and pdf files are attached for your convenience.

Please let me know if additional information is required.

Thank you

Olá:

Em anexo, encontre uma cópia em PDF assinada e digitalizada do meu pedido de CPF, juntamente com cópias da minha foto do passaporte e páginas de assinatura, e eu segurando meu passaporte. Os arquivos do Microsoft Word e PDF estão anexados para sua conveniência.

Por favor, deixe-me saber se informações adicionais são necessárias.

Obrigado

Email to send attachments:

cpf.residente.exterior@rfb.gov.br

Hope this helps.

• Members

I have had CPF for years now. Some shops (eg pharmacy) ask for it but is it cheaper?
The only real advantage for me is able to get the Bilhete Unico metro card in SP rather than queuing and having small changes to purchase the qrcode ticket. Oh and maybe easier to get a sim card but some bigger branches allow you to get one with just your non-Brazilian passport.

What other uses are there? I might have missed out. I know previously (still?) purchasing inter-city bus ticket needs one.

• Members

You can just stop by any CPF office while you are in Brazil, and get the CPF number and a temporary card printed on a piece of regular paper, right on the sopt.  You will receive the real physical card a few days or weeks later to you Brazilian address, but most establishment never ask to see the card.

But I agree, unless you plan to stay in Brazil for mid to long term, it is not necessary to get a CPF.  With all the scammers and hackers around these days, having your personal data in a Brazilian central computer system is not as safe as you hope. So why expose yourself to an unnecessary risk.