Guest lvdkeyes

SFX Cinema at Central Festival Pattaya

Guest lvdkeyes

Does anyone have an easy way to get reliable show times from the cinema at Central Festival? I have used Moovieseer, but their information is not always updated and accurate.

Guest lvdkeyes
Does anyone have an easy way to get reliable show times from the cinema at Central Festival? I have used Moovieseer, but their information is not always updated and accurate.

I finally got a number that they would answer after many tries. 033003555

It's on Second road, about 2 blocks south of Central Road (Pattaya Klang). You can't miss it. It's a tremendous building, also accessible from Beach Road.

They do have a web site at http://www.centralfestival.co.th . Unfortunately nearly all of it is written in Thai.

Hi GB & others - if you find a page written in Thai script -- open google tranlate in another tab. Below the box that appears for inserting text, select Thai to English. Then go to the tab with the Thai written web site, highlight the URL and "copy" - then to google translate and "paste" the URL into the text box. Then select translate.

The web page will appear with the Thai translated to English -- if google can't translate a particular Thai word, it will still be shown in Thai script. Give it a try. :D I have google translate bookmarked - also, every time I go back to it, it remembers I had selected Thai to English - so don't have to select those again, only paste in the URL. I also found it handy to translate some German cooking instructions for a potato pancake mix I purchased at Foodland -- however, translation was not perfect and I'm not sure why I only needed to add an egg if I was at the airport (I add the egg anyway and it turns out fine).

Another tip - it can be used to write an English message to your Thai friend - translates it to Thai script. You can copy the script and paste it into an emai to the friend. CAUTION - it does fairly well with short simple sentences - but it is not perfect. So, before sending the email, suggest you past the script into the text box and have google translate that script back into English. :o

The web page will appear with the Thai translated to English

Can you give a URL for a web page you are translating? I've copied and pasted Thai into Google Translator several times, but the only results I've gotten so far is gibberish that makes no sense.

Guest jtrack33

The original request was for a reliable list of movie times at Central Festival SFX cinemas. I believe this is the best source:

http://www.sfcinemacity.co.th/index.php/en/timetable/lookup

"Pattaya Beach" is the location to search for.

But to summarize, it is "Star Trek" morning, noon and night.

2lz2p mentioned using G Translate for e-mailing friends. I have found it very useful for SMS communication via Skype's SMS function. Cheap and instantaneous. The only problem is when they SMS you back in Thai! When SMSing with Skype, you can specify the "sending" mobile number. You cannot receive SMS messages on Skype but you can send them and make them appear to have come from your mobile. The huge advantage to Skype SMS is that you can use all your fingers for typing!

Can you give a URL for a web page you are translating? I've copied and pasted Thai into Google Translator several times, but the only results I've gotten so far is gibberish that makes no sense.

GB,

I used the url that you had in your post for Central Festival --http://www.centralfestival.co.th (you don't need to copy text from the Thai website - instead, copy the URL in the address bar of your browser and paste that into the text box for google translate. It will take a few seconds, but the website will reappear translated into English (Thai words it can't translate will still be shown in Thai script).

The translation for Central Festival appeared quite good. Also, go to these TOT sites and copy the URL from the address bar into Google translate -you get a pretty good translation.

www.tot.co.th/index.php OR

www.tot.co.th/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=802&Itemid=1528

I agree, that some sites (documents) can come across at times as not making any sense -- thus, my caution about doing a reverse translate if you are using google translate to draft an email.

The few times I have found need of using it for Thai language web sites, it did a pretty good job. In one case (can't remember the site), after doing the translate, it showed there was a button for an English version of the document (without the translate, would never have known they had an English version of the document since the "English" was written in Thai script) - However, in that case, I noted that google translated document written in Thai script was almost exactly the same as the English language document they provided when you clicked on the appropriate button.