TotallyOz

HomeWorks and Office Depot

The grand opening for HomeWorks was Sept 9th. The store is great. An added bonus is the new Office Depot, my home away from home. It is also a nice store and seems to have all the USA stores have except the computer section.

The new shopping area is directly next to the right of Big C on Sumkenvit. Drop by and take a look.

I am planning a new bathroom and was shopping for tiles. Homeworks was not helpful and they don't have any reference numbers on the tiles so that you can tell your builder what to buy. Feeling depressed I went for a drink in the Cafe. All the tables had a sign Free Soft Drink so I asked the girl for a free soft drink. She pointed to a blackboard behind the servicing counter with a lightly chalked sign - when you spend over 1000baht. I bought a green tea from the dispensing machine with difficulty - it was WARM!

I went to look at toilets and they have a big display plus showrooms dotted around with others. The charming little ladyboy there told us that all the toilets have something in the tank that stops any smells but Nahm toilets don't.

You know, I also went to HomePro, HomeMart and Kanyong and it's difficult to find anyone who really knows about their products, the many many staff seem to run away from customers as they don't speak English and have not been educated in the products. Stuff is not clearly priced, is at all, in English yet the majority of the customers seem to be Farangs>

A friend was shopping at HomePro and he said that's only the beginning we have been at the counter for over 50 minutes trying to order a few things.

When I was in Bangkok I thought "there must be an RCI tile showroom" I hit Google - voila http://rci.co.th//en/cntct/cntct_lctn.htm and the next day skytrained/taxied out to Suckhumvit 62 Junction 8 - make sure to printout the map.

The showroom is well laid out and I got a cordial welcome and then a guy arrive who spoke impeccable English, knew the stock backwards and suggested the best tiles to fit my requirements including non-slip ones for the shower. He was delightful and got a chauffeur to drive me back to the skytrain andput me in touch with their Pattaya representative. WOW!

Guest LoeplohandNalac

Oh girls. you are so butch, we just came back from J.T and we spend a fortune on S.LK

pattaya is so I.T. nowadays even J.T. comes to PTT.

Soon comming UP Central department stores

soon no S.H.T.V anymore.

KauwChai ? BOH