TMax

Best shopping for womens clothes?

Strange request probably but then I'm a strange person, don't even mind if the girls get a good laugh out of this one :p . Anyone know of a good place (shops, markets etc) to shop for womens clothing (mostly dresses)? Not after the high end fashion stuff but everyday wear but they must sell large sizes (yep it's for me). I'm hitting town in just over a months time and would love to do some shopping as well as my night time playing. ;)

Being a plus size as well, I can tell you that it is hard to find dresses my size here. I had some made a few years ago from a tailor in Bangkok who was very happy to help with the wild designs I had in mind. There are also several ladyboys in Pattaya who do shows and they have people make their dresses. You may want to ask them where they go.

Before proceeding, my comments here aren't meant to criticize anybody.

With respect to the cross-dressing issue, it'd be fair to say I'm rather ignorant of the matter - with my experience rather limited to seeing it in the movies or television and, occasionally, in Thailand.

Every time I see somebody doing it, I just wonder why as, simply, I don't get it.

So - if you're willing (and, no, you're not required to comment if you don't want to) - can you offer some comment as to why you do that? Is it a comfort issue, does it cause some form of sexual excitement, is it because you think you look good that way, or what? I'm just curious about it.

Before proceeding, my comments here aren't meant to criticize anybody.

With respect to the cross-dressing issue, it'd be fair to say I'm rather ignorant of the matter - with my experience rather limited to seeing it in the movies or television and, occasionally, in Thailand.

Every time I see somebody doing it, I just wonder why as, simply, I don't get it.

So - if you're willing (and, no, you're not required to comment if you don't want to) - can you offer some comment as to why you do that? Is it a comfort issue, does it cause some form of sexual excitement, is it because you think you look good that way, or what? I'm just curious about it.

I am not a cross dresser by any means. However, I do do to a lot of gay parties and circuit events. Some of those events, my friends and I will "dress up." Why? It is fun. I find it enjoyable for an evening. I don't think I'm a woman. I don't have gender issues. I just enjoy the process of my friends getting all excited to dress up and then we get a limo and go out on the town. For me, it is really just something to do to hang out with friends from years gone by.

On a recent bike trip from San Francisco to Los Angeles, there is one day where people were the color red to remember those who have died of HIV over the years. This day is called "red dress" day. The group of riders is majority straight but all dress up in dresses for the day. It is just a group thing to have fun. I have attached some pics for you.

My first year on the bike trip I said I would not dress up like that. I gave in and had a blast. So, I dress up each year. I don't shave. I don't put on makeup. I just wear a skirt with my bike jersey.

I have a lot of friends that are full-time drag queens. They do it for a living and make a decent amount of money from it. They love it. I love them.

If you have not watched Ru Paul's Drag Race, download it and watch the season. It is quite funny and enjoyable. It will show you that the idea of dressing up is simply an expression of individuality and something that people enjoy doing. In Thailand, the ladyboy concept to me is beautiful. I enjoy them on many occasions. However, they often believe they were born to be women. That is totally different than the American concept of "drag."

post-2333-1245818168_thumb.jpg

post-2333-1245818178_thumb.jpg

post-2333-1245818190_thumb.jpg

post-2333-1245818199_thumb.jpg

post-2333-1245818209_thumb.jpg

post-2333-1245818222_thumb.jpg

post-2333-1245818449_thumb.jpg

post-2333-1245818465_thumb.jpg

Guest thaiworthy

Great pictures. Thanks for posting them.

Gay Thailand, you possess an exemplary lifestyle and attitude. I could never do bike rides or dress in women's clothes. But you do these things with ease and style. I like that. You are physically and psychologically fit, and will live a long, healthy and prosperous life.

You are not afraid to speak your mind or demonstrate your interests, which is another commendable trait. Bravo!

Guest laurence
I'm just curious about it.

There is a great movie, TransAmerica, which deals with some of these issues of cross dressing, gender change, male hustlers and the pervs that enjoy them, and a host of related issues. Really worth seeing.

Guest fountainhall
There is a great movie, TransAmerica, which deals with some of these issues of cross dressing, gender change, male hustlers and the pervs that enjoy them, and a host of related issue

I think the wonderful, irreverent The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert beat TransAmerica by a good decade or so.

Guest Oogleman
the wonderful, irreverent The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert

I absolutely adore that movie! One of the few movies i can watch over and over again.

Thanks Thaiworthy! Much appreciated. My family always told me that I was a BS artist and would either be a minister or a lawyer. While Jim Baker’s life was of great interest to me, the latter was my destiny. The road to become a lawyer was a hard one as I came from a very poor family with no way to assist me financially. For me, the easy way to pay for law school was to organize parties and events and eventually, I learned the art of "introductions". I found I would be easily able to gather enough cash to pay for a month or two of expenses if I was able to throw a party that was successful and created the buzz around the city. So, I combined the things I enjoy the most in life and incorporated them into a “special” party for those able to pay. My parties were successful with the under 35 crowd in NYC who were tired of the sex clubs and bar scene. I found a special niche that no one had seen as a way to make money and it then allowed me to get very involved in the nightlife that NYC had to offer. That allowed me to make friends with some of NYC’s best Drag Queens, DJ’s, hookers, etc.

The one thing I learned from all of them was that I had no right to judge them or anyone else and the best way to enjoy life is to experience it in every way possible and suck in every part of it you have a chance to experience.

I could no more judge a ladyboy for dressing up than she should for me having a BF that is 24 years old and 20 years younger than me. We all have such different life experiences and I wish people would just let others live the life the way they want as long as they are not hurting anyone. One of the things I love about Thailand is that most parents here seem to be OK with their children doing what they want as long as they are happy. I asked a ladyboy once how her parents felt when she started dressing like a girl and she said her parents were OK as long as she was happy. I wish we could all be like that.

I was not offended by Bob’s comment at all. I totally understand that many do not see the fun in dressing up as they have never experienced it and their friends don’t do it. Until one does, they may be able to understand but not appreciate it fully. It isn’t for everyone but I do appreciate those that don’t “get it” when they are understanding and non judgmental of those that do it. And Bob, the red dress day was a hoot. It is so much fun to see the straight guys dressing up and some look so much better in drag than they do as men. LOL It is easy to tell which ones are gay and not gay on that day as when they step on the dance floor, it is obvious. I didn’t attach my favorite photo of myself that day. The reason? A bear in a dress isn’t the best example of those that dress up and while my long beard matches my life it did kind of clash with my red sequins.

I hate to hear people bitch about too many ladyboys in a bar. It is not my preference for a BF either. But, I know many people that prefer them to the Alpha males that tends to get my interest most of the time. That is the reason Heinz makes so many varieties. What floats my boat does not float someone else’s. If you look at my BF’s over the years, they have all been the hard-core bad boy type. It is what tends to get my attention and it probably is the last thing that many of you would be attracted to.

The movies you guys mentioned are great. Don’t forget To Wong Foo with Patrick Swayze and Wesley Snipes. The last scene when the town comes out is one of my favorite of any movie.

I hate to hear people bitch about too many ladyboys in a bar. It is not my preference for a BF either. But, I know many people that prefer them to the Alpha males that tends to get my interest most of the time. That is the reason Heinz makes so many varieties.

Amen. They call it tolerance. Ladyboys don't do anything for me either but that's no reason to mock them or those that are attracted to the ladyboys. Some are rather gorgeous.

Bob, the reason I dress up is mostly for sexual gratification. One of the hottest nights I had was with a 22 yo Thai guy and we played out some pretty hot fantasies for most of the night, I find when in lingerie I'm harder for longer and it makes for some fun and games in bed with the guys. Other times, like wearing dresses around the house I find it so much more comfortable. I'm certainly no pretty picture no matter how you take the shot. :o

GT, some nice shots you posted, might even go for some real tarty stuff for the fun, thought about asking some of the LB's where they go and maybe have some fun as well.