ChristianPFC

Mobile phone during holiday

Hello everyone, when I was in Bkk in August I got a SIM-card (1-2-call freedom sim prepaid/pay-as-you-go) for a mobile phone in order to be able to communicate with friends. I will be back in Thailand in January before my number expires (I hope topping up increases the expiring date). But this rises the question: How do I keep my number for a long time (years), when I visit Thailand only occasionally?

How do others who regularly go to Thailand for holiday manage to keep their mobile-phone-number without a contract (i.e. without any costs unless you make a call)?

How do others who regularly go to Thailand for holiday manage to keep their mobile-phone-number without a contract (i.e. without any costs unless you make a call)?

Easy! Go to the shop you bought the cell phone or any cell phone shop. Explain situation. They can program phone so number does not expire for at least one year. There may be minor extra charges per call but well worth it. I did this and the clerk did not charge for her time but I gave an "up to you" tip of a couple hundred baht.