Guest fountainhall

True's New Channel Numbering

Guest fountainhall

I had not seen any notice of True reorganising its channels (third time in 2 years?) until I switched my television on yesterday and had no idea where my favourite channels were. As usual, some of the reorganisation seems totally arbitrary. The news channels are again grouped together (moved from the 50s to the 90's), but what on earth is the point of splitting the 3 main english language channels - CNN, BBC and CNBC Asia - by putting Chinese language channels in between? I just don't get it!

I had not seen any notice of True reorganising its channels

I have UBC. They just did the same thing. I discovered it when I saw an Email notice on the television screen. It was written entirely in Thai, so I didn't know what the notice was all about until I discovered that the channel lineup had been changed.

UBC actually changed their channel lineup right in the middle of programming. I was watching something on the History Channel and suddenly the screen went blank and a "searching for signal" notice came up. Then, a couple minutes later, the Email notice came up. When the "searching for signal" notice disappeared I decided to channel surf and look for something else to watch, when I spotted the same program I had been watching now continuing on a completely different channel.

Guest lvdkeyes

True Visions and UBC are one and the same. I had to go through all the channels to find the ones I watch. Discovery Travel and Living went from 74 to 153. I don't get it. Add that to your list.

At least you guys could find your old channels. I used to watch channel 40 on the old numbering system (it showed US college sports) but never noticed what the name of the channel was. Now, God only knows where it is - it's not any of the EXPN choices. And between each channel group are a number of empty channels. Grrrr.

I'm disappointed that they don't have Jimmy Swaggart, Oral Roberts, or the PTL Club. Always my favorites!

I remember when Mark Russell sang a song about good ol' Jim and Tammy Bakker on one of his comedy specials. Here it is, sung to the tune of "It's a Small Small World"

Come with us, be born again

In Jim and Tammy Land, amen!

We pray to St. Mercedes Benz

In Jim and Tammmmm-meeeeee Land

Come to Jim and Tammy Bakker Land

Where a hotel room costs a hundred grand

So send your check to PTL

And if you don't, then go to Hell

In Jim and Tammmmm-meeeeee Land

Guest fountainhall

In Jim and Tammy Land, amen!

And to think that both of those crooks were rehabilitated and found God again in the hearts of the good old American public. Hallelujah! Prrrrrrrrraisssse the Lorrrrrrdddd! - and please don't forget to drop your wallet into the collection box on the way out.

Guest Astrrro

At least you guys could find your old channels. I used to watch channel 40 on the old numbering system (it showed US college sports) but never noticed what the name of the channel was.

Rich, channel 40 was ASN (All Sports Network).

Do you know the new channel?

Thanks to an expat friend who reads Thai, he informed me of the impending new channel lineup which was written solely in Thai in the programme guide. He informed me that the information on the changeover and what to do was in the news section of the TrueVisions English version of their website.

The new lineup is shown here: http://www.truevisionstv.com/photo/download/newlineup_l.jpg

Chris.

Guest jtrack33

Rich, ASN channel 40 is now channel 108.

The channel listings is shown in the January True Visions magazine page 67.

As I did, some of you may have wondered how to dial up the channel numbers above 99. If you input a three digit number on the remote, you get firstly the channel number corresponding to the first two numbers and then the channel corresponding to the last digit! So now if you want to watch Star Sports on channel 107, you have to dial up 99 and then go up one by one.

There are two ways to make your life easy...so far that I have discovered:

1. Go to Menu -> Setup -> Channels and then press "Ok" against each channel you don't want to see. Pressing "Ok" will assign a "Skip" to each channel selected. then save and exit and you will find when you press the channel up or down button, the unwanted channels will be skipped over. That still leaves you with the high numbers to struggle with though.

2. The best solution to the access problem is to go to Menu -> Set Up -> Channels and then go down the list of channels looking for your most favorite one with the cursor and then typing in the new channel number you want to assign...ie "1" and then repeat with all the channels you want by assigning/typing in the successive channel numbers YOU want..ie 2, 3 , 4 and etcc. Do not press Ok, otherwise the "Skip" function will be applied. But do remember to press the "Exit" button when finished and be sure to confirm "Save Changes". Then channels 1, 2, 3 and etc are then your own personal channels in the sequence you want and not the sequence True Visions wants.