TotallyOz

Nouvo motorcycle

I have a new Nouvo by Yamaha. It is automatic and no gears are needed to be shifted. The bike is a real pleasure to drive and it is also very easy to learn how to ride a bike on.

For anyone who has been thinking of trying a bike, this is the one to start with. It is a very easy bike to learn to drive.

Most places in Thailand, you can rent one for 200 bath a day or buy for around 50k baht.

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/news/...4/24/nouvo.html

post-2333-1159201379_thumb.jpg

Guest francois

I would agree that the Nouvo is a good choice to learn to ride a bike, however, learning to ride a motorcycle without proper instruction is not wise.

Anyone who rides really should take a motorcycle safety course which I doubt are offered in Thailand. In fact, motorcycle safety in Thailand is an oxymoron.

Learning to ride a motorbike in Pattaya is a little like assisted suicide and not for the feint-hearted or the soft-headed.

Saddle up!

In May of this year I bought a new Click because of the advertising. I really didn't understand that the handling of the Nouvo and the Click would be so different. Mt Thai friend has a Nouvo which I have driven with little problem, not the same as the Click. The Nouvo has 2 shocks one on each side. The click has only one total. It is very hard for me to turn without loosing a little control.

I would suggest to anyone buying a motor bike to consider this difference.

Oh, and I have a nearly new Click for sale with only 28Kilometers!

Guest A Rose By Any Other Name

I have a new Nouvo by Yamaha. It is automatic and no gears are needed to be shifted. The bike is a real pleasure to drive and it is also very easy to learn how to ride a bike on.

For anyone who has been thinking of trying a bike, this is the one to start with. It is a very easy bike to learn to drive.

Most places in Thailand, you can rent one for 200 bath a day or buy for around 50k baht.

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/news/...4/24/nouvo.html

No HOG, GT? How disappointing.

TR The Rose ;)

No HOG, GT? How disappointing.

TR The Rose ;)

LOL Thanks Rose, Actuallly, I have been dating an Alpha Male lately and he took over my Hog. It seems if I get what I want, he gets what he wants. :) He puts what I need between my legs and I put what he wants between his (hog). :)

Guest gonefishing

Francois' point is a good one - remember that in spite of what the person renting / selling you a bike says, you will not be insured without a full international or Thai motorbike licence and that probably includes any medical insurance. If you are not at least competent / comfortable on a bike, then Pattaya is anywhere but the best place to learn.

Guest rainwalker

A quick story...

Years ago, I took my Moto Guzzi 1000 Convert LAPD model (also an automatic) on a 6 month 19 state, 5 province tour- I spent 3 months drinking and having sex in Provincetown, MA - and on my return, was going out for lunch with my closest friend, also a gay man.

It was lunch time and we were waiting for the light at the busiest corner on the major downtown pedestrian mall, surrounded by 25 or 30 office workers who had just poured out of the high rises in search of sustenance.

I told my friend that there was only one thing that I hadn't accomplished on my tour and that was to visit Fire Island near NYC, accessible only by boat or plane and, then as now, a mecca for gay men on vacation.

He asked why and I told him that Fire Island was car and motorcycle free and that they wouldn't let me and the Guzzi on the ferry.

He turned, looked at me and said " Well, they might not have let the motorcycle on the ferry but they sure let the fairy on the motorcycle"

The folks in the crowd waiting with us for the light to change burst into guffaws, the light changed and we all moved off, temporarily bonded by laughter.

I'm sure that the story was told around the water cooler a hundred times that afternoon....

post-4-1159452353_thumb.jpg