TotallyOz

Gross things to Eat in Thailand

Tried unhatched chicken, it's edible, but no delicacy.

Now they have beetles that look like European cockchafer/June bug/summer chafer/May beetle. Never saw these in January or August. No delicacy, problem is pieces get stuck between teeth.

Had soup with dark red spongy substance that were not tasty. Ask Thai friend: made of chicken blood!

Surprisingly, only one of my Thai friends eats bugs, all others find it disgusting!

Guest Geezer

I quite enjoy the insects, exept the large water bug, it is not that tasty. A Thai friend never ate insects because he thought it was disgusting, so I had to convince and to show him that it tastes good!

I saw scorpion once on Khao San Road and watched a Farang eat it, but didn't try so far. Maybe the Thais make this up for tourists?

The unhatched chicken is on my "things to eat" list.

I had sea cucumber and 100-year-eggs in Malaysia, nothing special.

post-163-12787825596026_thumb.jpg

Guest beachlover

LOL! They are not really 100 years old, but I guess you know that. Those I ate are in the picture.

The English name seems to be Century egg. My opinion: edible, but I can do without.

Century egg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Those eggs are delicious! Nice and salty. I think they are prepared by soaking them in something but I'm not sure how they get the flavour and colour so even through.

Guest GaySacGuy

Those eggs are delicious! Nice and salty. I think they are prepared by soaking them in something but I'm not sure how they get the flavour and colour so even through.

I believe that I will stick with nice fresh eggs...scrambled would be fine!!

Guest beachlover

I believe that I will stick with nice fresh eggs...scrambled would be fine!!

Think of "century eggs" as marinated boiled eggs (like you would marinate a chicken).

Guest GaySacGuy

Think of "century eggs" as marinated boiled eggs (like you would marinate a chicken).

Still doesn't sound like anything I would be interested in....just good fresh eggs thanks!!

Guest GaySacGuy

You'll eat what's put in front of you damn it. :D

Most of the time I do...when my bf cooks he says "You eat" and I do. He has never steered me wrong yet. Several times when we eat out he orders, and then says about one particular dish "You not eat", and I don't. Usually some thing very spicy hot.

Guest GaySacGuy

"You not eat" LOL... That's cute.

Maybe cute, but definitely nice of him to provide this information, before I bite into something that is extra spicy!!

Guest beachlover

The eggs must be soft scrambled in butter. I do them most every morning.

I prefer poached eggs... I think this is the healthiest. Poached eggs benedict with smoked salmon, dragonfruit, mangoes, watermelon, jackfruit and a sausage.

Guest GaySacGuy

If you are concerned about healthy eggs, eggs Benedict should not be your choice. Hollandaise sauce is far from healthy.

LK...your no fun...Hollandaise is good...now about this healthy part...If I'd known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of my body!!!