Gaybutton

Good things to eat in Thailand

Guest beachlover

I love the abundance of delicious tropical fruits in Thailand. Dragonfruit, jackfruit, mangoes and java apples are my favourites.

It's all easy to buy cut and prepared on the streets. If I'm having breakfast in a hotel I will usually pile a plate high with fruit.

Guest lvdkeyes

I don't get dragon fruit. It looks nice, but not too much flavor. I was told that the dragon fruit that has red flesh has more flavor. I bought some and found it not significantly different. I cut them up put them in the blender with some other sweeter fruits and made a smoothie. The next morning my pee and poop were bright red. I thought I was bleeding until my bf said he had the same thing. We knew then it was the red dragon fruit.

Guest beachlover

Hmmmm... I've never had red dragon fruit. I'll have to find it.

It's true the white fleshed dragon fruit does have a strong flavour, but that's why I like about it. The flavour is very subtle and pleasant and on top of that the texture is really lovely... it's a nice contrast from richer fruits like mangoes and such.

Guest beachlover

Whenever I have breakfast at a hotel in Thailand I always pile on the dragonfruit... it's delicious. I had a dragonfruit shake the other day too... nice.

Sticky rice with fresh mango, sesame and coconut milk is nice...

Guest GaySacGuy

Whenever I have breakfast at a hotel in Thailand I always pile on the dragonfruit... it's delicious. I had a dragonfruit shake the other day too... nice.

Sticky rice with fresh mango, sesame and coconut milk is nice...

Is there something new in this post that wasn't part of you 11:59 post??? Doesn't look like much!

Guest YardenUK

going back on thread topic, for me my most delicious culinary find was in Chiang Mai Province - never found it anywhere else - Khao Soi (Gai). Once I tasted it I wanted it every day - has anyone ever managed to find it outside CM?

Guest lvdkeyes

You can get Kao Soi in Pattaya, but the best I have ever tasted was in a small Chinese village near Fang. I make it sometimes, not bad, but not like up there. Also my bf's mother sends us the paste and I use that too. For those who don't know what it is, it is a bit like Malaysian Laksa.

Guest beachlover

Another thing I often crave is the street-stall ROTI - with condensed milk, sugar and an egg in the middle. Nice for breakfast!

Oh god, I love roti... where the egg is blended with the roti and served with curry... mmmmm! One of my favourite breakfast foods in Malaysia, Singapore and wherever else I can get it.

Guest fountainhall

Oh god, I love roti... where the egg is blended with the roti and served with curry... mmmmm! One of my favourite breakfast foods in Malaysia, Singapore and wherever else I can get it.

You should spend a few months in the depths of outer Mongolia - the sooner the better. I am told their Roti is divine.

Guest YardenUK

Thai roti doesn't have curry with it. It is a sweet snack.

yeah that's the one i was thinking of - its uber-sweet and uber-yummy and uber-cheap! Curry for breakfast isn't something my palate could adapt to!