Guest HappyBoys

Happy Boys Bar website

I'm not in the running for the contest, but wanted to let you guys know that the website is in English. It's a little misleading as it was first presented above. And, it really a nice site, too.

Guest fountainhall

I'm not in the running for the contest, but wanted to let you guys know that the website is in English. It's a little misleading as it was first presented above. And, it really a nice site, too.

I too am not in the contest. I agree it is a nice site for a nice fun bar. I hope it will help them generate more business.

What does not running for the contest have to do with their website? Sorry, I just didn't understand the post. They only posted to share their site on the board. I thought a great thing for them to do and they are most welcome to do so anytime. In fact, we encourage all bars and venues to post here. They have always been welcome.

Guest beachlover

There is a Dutch flag at the top, which sends you to the Dutch version of the site: http://www.happyboysbar.com/Dutch/index.html

But to be fair, the designer should have made the flag bigger and more prominent.

Guest Astrrro

Well done website!

And it rather discreetly clarifies the upstairs policy that many were confused about, just buy a boy drink.

Whether one likes up close table top dancing is a matter of personal taste and whether or not u like the boys. But with drink prices on the low end of the Pattaya gogo scale, drop in for a drink and find out!!!

I loved the site as well and see they also have a profile for each boy. Brilliant idea. I have never seen a bar do this before. I am impressed with the site and am going over in the next day or two to see if one boy that caught my eye on the site is available to have a little somin somin with me.

I also like the idea of a profile for each boy. I think the group that owns Dream Boys does this also. I know I get an email every once in a while from them.

They also have it set up so you can email the boy through their website. I never did this and don't know if you get a reply back!

Could this be the reason so many of the boys have their smartphone with them while on stage? Many just tuck the phones in their dancing shorts. Maybe it is the vibrate function.

Guest fountainhall

I also like the idea of a profile for each boy. I think the group that owns Dream Boys does this also. I know I get an email every once in a while from them.

Yes, the Dream Boys owner does have individual photos on the site - but the photographer has a knack of making many of the boys look like convicts! Very few smiles!

There is also a site that will send you regular email updates with photos of all the new boys joining the various massage venues in Bangkok -

http://www.thaimassageboy.com/home/home.php

Guest travelerjim

I also like the idea of a profile for each boy.

Could this be the reason so many of the boys have their smartphone with them while on stage?

Many just tuck the phones in their dancing shorts.

Maybe it is the vibrate function.

OOOOHhhh,,,PattayaMale,I like that!

The vibrate function must be what keeps

them dancing and wiggling on the table.

Yes, Happy Bar is one of my few favorites. Has always

been a fun place to visit. Be sure to bring along extra supply

of 20 baht bills, and have fun with the waistbands.

The website looks great! Hopefully, this owner will follow the

path of Ya at YaYa's and communicate their happenings on the boards.

I wish them well in their efforts to attract us to Happy Bar!

tj

Guest Astrrro

i was in there near closing time and I was the only farang in the joint.

A mixed blessing.

If the boys are your type and you are a gregarious sort, it cabn be one big party!

However, if you are rather reserved or the boys are not your type then it can be somewhat ucomfortable.

Different than most gogos, worth checking out to see if it floats your baot.

Guest fountainhall

Different than most gogos, worth checking out to see if it floats your baot.

It certainly floats mine. I am quite happy to buy drinks for 3 or 4 boys and then just enjoy party time! I don't mind that others come over and try to join in. If I like one, I'll add him to the drinks list.

For my next trip to Pattaya, I can see it is going to be really hard doing anything other than having cocktails in YaYa (cant wait to see those doctors' and nurses outfits :blush: ) before moving on to cock... oops, gogo in Happy.

I loved the site as well and see they also have a profile for each boy. Brilliant idea. I have never seen a bar do this before.

I agree, great site, vast improvement over their previous one. One of the better known bar groups in BKK also has boys pics and profiles (and individual gallery) on their web site but what I've noticed is that some of the names and pics (and ages) haven't changed in over 3 yrs. If you notice on the Happy Boys site, underneath the boy's picture is a date that the pic was updated. That's one of the little things that make a BIG difference in credibility. Congrats to the owners and site developers. I did find a few broken links but I am sure they will work those out as time goes by.

However, if you are rather reserved or the boys are not your type then it can be somewhat ucomfortable.

I might suggest easily intimidated instead of rather reserved. I put myself in the somewhat shy and rather reserved category and loved this bar because the boys tend to reach out to customers without being overbearing(at least when I was there), and most boys seemed to be having fun which can be infectious to those who are not normally out there in a gregarious way. As someone who is more reserved, if I go into a bar where all the boys seem bored and disinterested, I am less likely to make the first move even if I find someone cute, as it just doesn't feel welcoming. But I would agree with you that they type of boys is important, thyen again, you could say that about most of the bars.

Guest lvdkeyes

Several years ago in Chiang Mai I went to a bar, I don't remember the name, and I was the only customer. There were large floor pillows to sit on. Almost as soon as I was seated I was surrounded by 6-7 boys who were all like jackals after a mean. The mamasan was the pushy type. I felt extremely uncomfortable and left after one drink.

Guest fountainhall

Several years ago in Chiang Mai I went to a bar, I don't remember the name, and I was the only customer. There were large floor pillows to sit on. Almost as soon as I was seated I was surrounded by 6-7 boys who were all like jackals after a mean.

I think that must have been Coffee Boys - now dead.

Guest GaySacGuy

Happy boys looks like it has found it's own style, and I hope it continues to succeed. It has used some old ideas in new ways, and has kept drink prices down and held specials. And, you can even talk in the bar the last time I was there...the music was actually nice and not too loud!!

Guest Astrrro

For those of you who may not be familiar with the upper lounge at Happy, you will notice, in the photos, tissue dispensers on all the tables.

There is another less classy bar where right before the money shot the waiytstaff comes by with a roll of toilet paper. And a smile.

Guest fountainhall

Ahhhh! Tissues for those who may have a runny nose. How thoughtful!

Cum (sic) to think of it, I noticed that sign outside the bar - "Summer Special: Cold Remedies Available at No Extra Charge." Now I know what it meant! :rolleyes:

Cum (sic) to think of it, I noticed that sign outside the bar - "Summer Special: Cold Remedies Available at No Extra Charge." Now I know what it meant! rolleyes.gif

Yep, good for sneezes, sniffles and all those stiff muscles that accompany a cold I hear tongue.gif

There is another less classy bar where right before the money shot the waiytstaff comes by with a roll of toilet paper. And a smile.

Was that to help the boys with clean up on Aisle one or to protect the customers from flying objects? blink.gif