Guest brandon

Report from Phnom Penh

Guest brandon

Just got back from Phnom Penh where I spent a few days.

Stayed at Manor House which was fine, friendly owners and staff. Rooms were clean but breakfast a bit limited in choice.

Tuk tuks outside the guesthouse can be hired for $15 a day which is pretty cheap.

Nightlife was OK, Blue Chili is the place that gets busy from 9.30 pm onwards but quite a few money boys. Nice waiters but owner seem to warn them off if you tried to speak to them too much! Drag show pretty hopeless.

Heart of Darkness is the disco to go to, very very gay in one area by the dance floor an easy to meet guys.

CQ disco (new) has a gay night on Fridays only - nice bar, nice crowd, drag show and cruisey.

Lots a massage places, could only try 2, Hatha Khrmer which was clean and had 8 boys. Apparently, all the freelancers come after 6 pm. The other place is new and called Hero. The massage standards are pretty poor after Thailand, but they know how to get you aroused. I did one sauna 'Hammam' which was dark, dirty and had a few Khmers looking for other Khmers - I obviously was not their cup of tea!

There are plenty of good coffee shops, and good restaurants around town, as well as the 2 large markets to go to. National Museum and Royal Palace are also worth visiting.

Unlike what I read and heard, PP is quite safe.