Guest fountainhall

The Value - or otherwise - of Blogs

Guest rhodochrosite

What gets me is that he brags, apologizes for bragging, then brags again-- all in the same post. Rhodo, if your intention is to impress me, I'm sorry, but I'm not impressed. Please don't carry on your tawdry Ting-Tong tales over here.

Bob, I think you just offended Hustler Magazine!

Were You A VICAR by any chance.

I'm not offended by BRAGGERS.

I don't need to be JEALOUS of ANYONE.

ISN"T LIFE MAGICAL

Enjoy This Life

I came here for a purpose...Now I'll Leave You In PIECES.

R

Guest fountainhall

Well, that was short and . . . mildly controversial. But at least it posed a question or two, especially the one mentioned by Bob relating to the point of alerting readers of one site to one's blog on another site.

The fact is that many readers of this site (most?) read some other gay Thailand sites from time to time, and so are aware of what subjects are being discussed. Anyone interested in a blog-type series of posts can easily follow it, since it tends by its nature to go on and on. There is no need to post it elsewhere. There has already been more than one example of this - e.g. Beachlover posted travel experiences which he deemed of universal interest on several sites - in full! At least rhodo merely provided a link.

That said, I have myself posted links on to this site when asked elsewhere to provide travel-related information. I did not see the point of merely copying and pasting since the link alone gives enough information to get a reader to the post. But that was a result of a specific request - not my desire for a larger readership!

Another question is: are gay Boards the right place for a longish series of blog-type posts of personal experiences? Surely if the blogger is intent on developing such a long thread, starting his own bog surely makes more sense? Or is posting the thread on a Board more likely to guarantee readership, whereas the more restricted subject-matter of a blog may well lose readership at a faster pace? I don't know enough about blogs and so cannot answer!

Another question is: are gay Boards the right place for a longish series of blog-type posts of personal experiences? Surely if the blogger is intent on developing such a long thread, starting his own bog surely makes more sense?

Blog type content is generally very well appreciated on these boards, or at least when written in a coherent style. Also, the follow on debate is sometimes quite interesting, which wouldn't happen on a dedicated blog.

Also, some blogs may only be updated every few months, so it's difficult to expect readers to keep coming back. That problem is solved by posting the information on a discussion board which has regular readership.

Rhodochrosite managed to blow life into dying gaytingtong (I'm not sure if this is good or bad). I get headache after reading too many of his posts, but nobody is forced to do so. I like some of his pictures and the links to youtube he posts. I think he holds the record (by far) for the longes series of posts by one member.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned before on this thread, but even if so no harm in doing so again.

One of our members Ilz has a blog and I am amazed to see the archives go back to October 2004. That must call for quite some stamina (staying power!).

The blog is called Phuchai, with a sub-heading About Thai boys and those who love them.

I wrongly assumed his posting name is Ilz with the first letter as a capital i, but having looked at the blog I now realise his name is not ilz but llz or LLZ.

If I now switch over to Verdana font, one of my favourites, we can see the llz and Ilz are quite different. Sorry, khun Arial, you are a bit of a muddle sometimes!

http://www.llz.blogspot.co.uk/