TotallyOz

Pattaya Marriott vs Hilton or the Sheraton

Now that plane fares are secure and booked I must now book my hotels for my month long holiday. I know where I'll stay in Bangkok and in Hua Hin for the few days I am there. But, I have not decided on which hotel to stay at in Pattaya. I have stayed at the Pattaya Marriott too many times over the years and like it there but there are now newer hotels that I might enjoy.

What would the benefits of staying at the Hilton or the Sheraton be if you had a choice of the three? Or, are there other hotels in the city where I could get my points and night stays for my rewards programs?

Location is most important for me and so i only would stay in Hilton or Marriott. Can not count how many times stayed in Marriott but next time will take the Hilton because i am now goldmember there.

I still have top tier with Marriott and Intercontinental but staying 20 nights at the Hilton would put me in top with them for this year and next. I did visit the Hilton and liked it. Just not sure how much better or worse it would be than the Marriott which I really enjoy each stay.

BTW: Rates for my stay are:

Marriott - 4,300 bath per night for long stay rate - no prepayment and flexible rates

Hilton - 6,200 baht per night prepaid in advance with no refunds

Sheraton - 4,750 Prepaid in advance with no refunds

Guest thaiworthy

BTW: Rates for my stay are:

Marriott - 4,300 bath per night for long stay rate - no prepayment and flexible rates

Hilton - 6,200 baht per night prepaid in advance with no refunds

Sheraton - 4,750 Prepaid in advance with no refunds

Wow. That's a lot of money. Is there a joiners' fee for the friends you bring in or will you register them? I thought your trips were longer than just 30 days. I guess for that little time, it' not so bad. I do think one pays a premium for all those Elite points, however.

I'm not Platinum Elite or Gold or even Silver. More like Pig Iron Elite earned at Two Guys. Have a good time. For that kind of money, you'd better. I want trip reports, too. Not from the usual tourist spots, I want to see the inside of your hotel room. For that much money, it better be the Ninth Wonder of the World.

If you're earning it fast enough, why not?

However, I'm quite happy paying 900~1200 baht a night for some clean comfortable accommodation, with wifi & everything I need. At the moment, I'd rather invest the money saved.

Guest fountainhall

Leona Helmsley does help me at the guest house determine if we should fold the hand towels from the left or the right. :p

As she will regard you as one of the "little people", no doubt she fills out your annual tax return - and I'll bet she makes you walk her dog :D (the one who got a US$12 million bequest in her will). Come to that, she probably makes you clear up husband Harry's poop :wacko:

Guest anonone

Michael. I am not sure how many nights you end up staying in Hiltons other than here, so I cannot know how much value you place on top elite with Hilton, but Marriott seems to be the way to go.

Lower rate

Plat status well recognized at that property

Your history of good treatment during stays

In my opinion, the biggest risk with trying out the Hilton would be their treatment of you and guests. They are asking for pre-paid, no refund. It would suck if you get there and they don't treat you and your guests well.

As asked above by thaiworthy, I am not sure how many guys you have stay wth you, if they "rotate", or if you bring new friends back. If Marriott has treated you well in this area, I would book it and relax. You can blow the cost savings at a bar one night.