Guest fountainhall

MacKeeper: is it Worth Downloading?

Guest fountainhall

There are so many sites now where I see a small ad for MacKeeper. From what I read, it seems to be a free download which cleans up the hard drive and optimises the use of space. Has anyone used it? Is it worth it?

Guest thaiworthy

I have it, but I think I paid for my copy. A free version might have some limitations that could possibly not make it worthwhile, but that's only a guess. My version mostly finds junk files that accumulate on my computer. You are supposed to use it once a month. I ran it just now and it said it found 1.6 gig of unneeded files that could save system resources. It cleaned it up, but I'm not sure if I will notice any saved system resources since that is normally transparent to the user. To recover that much space on occasion, I suppose it is a Keeper.

As the name suggests, it is for Mac (I use a PC).

a free download which cleans up the hard drive and optimises the use of space.

This sounds like defragmentation and deletion of old files (temporary, dustbin), a feature is which is already installed with windows, so you don't need an extra program for it.

I saw several adverts about speeding up your computer by cleaning the registry. The free diagnosis showed a lot of problems, and my computer is indeed slow. Does anyone have experience with programs for PC to clean the registry (or generally speed up the computer by removing unnecessary data and processes)?

Does anyone have experience with programs for PC to clean the registry (or generally speed up the computer by removing unnecessary data and processes)?

I have used Iobit's Advanced System Care Free version. I also know people who use the Pro (paid) version and they consider it value for money.

This sounds like defragmentation and deletion of old files (temporary, dustbin), a feature is which is already installed with windows, so you don't need an extra program for it.

I saw several adverts about speeding up your computer by cleaning the registry. The free diagnosis showed a lot of problems, and my computer is indeed slow. Does anyone have experience with programs for PC to clean the registry (or generally speed up the computer by removing unnecessary data and processes)?

The edit key works for up to an hour after your post. It's to the left of the two very visible boxes 'Quote' and 'Multiquote'. Perhaps because it (and the 'Report' key) are in a rather subdued shade of gray they can be overlooked. When the cursor is placed over the 'edit' it changes from dull gray to black. Perhaps management could consider making it a bit more prominent.