Guest fountainhall

Another Air Asia Sale

Guest fountainhall

Starting today, Air Asia/Thai Air Asia has a 1 million seat sale. According to the adverts, some seats will be free (apart from taxes etc) whilst others will be much reduced. Details are -

Booking Periods:

Domestic - from today to 23 September

International - from 20 - 23 September

Travel Period:

1 April - 30 September 2013

http://www.airasia.com/th/en/promotion/rr2410409.page?mb

I note that Air Asia's code for Don Mueang airport is BAK. I have always assumed it was DMK - and this is still the code on the official Don Mueang site. Does any other airport have two codes?

I note that Air Asia's code for Don Mueang airport is BAK. I have always assumed it was DMK - and this is still the code on the official Don Mueang site. Does any other airport have two codes?

From Air Asia's website:

"You will see Bangkok (BAK) for selection while making a booking. System will auto-assign Suvarnabhumi (BKK) or Don Mueang (DMK) based on the date of travel. DMK will apply to all travel starting from 1 October 2012. Your itineraries and boarding passes will show DMK or BKK so please take note of which airport you will be arriving at or departing from."

I found some good deals from Bangkok to Hong Kong for the New Year and I'd like to take the BF there for Disney. I got got rates and then all the add ons started. Still round trip for each of us with 20k of luggage each way and one of their front row seats (11.00 extra each way with more legroom) was about 270.00 USD. Do you think I'll find better than this closer to the time? I did check on expedia and they were over 500 per person each way. I just have not used Air Asia and want to know how comfortable they are. :)

Guest fountainhall

For me, it's a no-brainer. Take the Emirates A380 daily flight at Bt. 8,790 (inclusive) with full baggage allowance, free meals and drinks, and many thousands of hours of audio visual entertainment (Air Asia has none). Air Asia has seat pitch of 19.5" whereas Emirates has the standard 32" (although the Air Asia front row certainly gives you more). But I suspect Emirates has some seats with more room and you can select your seats at no extra cost when you book. Your only difficulty as an early bird might be that the return flight departs at 9:30pm. On the other hand, that gives you a full day in HKG.

Alternatively, why not treat him to the upper deck business class with fully flat bed seats and the bar at the back for Bt. 19,750? ;)

http://www.emirates....lish/index.aspx

Be aware, though, that Hong Kong's Disneyland is tiny compared to those in the US, in Paris and in Tokyo. And in early January, Hong Kong can be pretty cold if the northeast monsoon is blowing. On the other hand, it has another great theme park - Ocean Park on the south side of the island. Worth a full morning or afternoon.

http://www.oceanpark.com.hk/html/en/park-experience/attraction-show/

Guest fountainhall

I looked at expedia.co.th which often has great hotel deals. But for flights, it's as miserable as most of the other Asia search engines. it has Emirates cheapest fare as Bt. 16,159 - almost double the Emirates website price! Ridiculous!

Guest fountainhall

I have been waging a campaign against Air Asia for some time, but this was rather overdoing it! Thanks for pointing out the error.

Mind you, it may not be long before 19.5" gets closer to the new seat pitch for short-haul flights. Haven't you seen the new designs?

post-1892-0-16592800-1348286486_thumb.jpg

post-1892-0-47223800-1348286504_thumb.jpg

These were proposed a year or so ago, but of course no airline has adopted them - yet!