firecat69

Bordeaux

Had a great meal the other night at Bordeaux Restaurant. It is a French restaurant near Day Night.

I had a fabulous Filet with Mustard sauce for 350 baht.The potatoes and vegatables that came with the steak were superb. I had French Onion soup for 130 baht and a fabulous chocolate dessert for 130 baht. Total with 2 soda was 690 baht.

It was by far the best filet I have had in Thailand , but of course I have not eaten at Manhattens which I gather is considerably more expensive.

Anyways if you are looking for an extremely good steak at a reasonable price , I doubt you can do better in Pattaya.

I gave up on this place when it was still calling itself OLE from a previous owner. Then I went back when they changed names to Bordeaux.

Fool me once; shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I gave up on this place when it was still calling itself OLE from a previous owner. Then I went back when they changed names to Bordeaux.

Fool me once; shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Eaten there a couple of times all ok and price is right. Service is a bit hit and miss but no complaints.

Eaten there a couple of times all ok and price is right. Service is a bit hit and miss but no complaints.

Been there once, when they first opened. And it was still at that time the Chaos. The service was very slow. Otherwise the food was good.

I have eaten there 15 times at least and never had a bad meal. The service is great and I think the food is excellent. The sauces are always amazing. For those that tried this place early on, give them another chance. I think this is one of Pattaya's finest.

I once knew a famous European chef, now deceased, who said that all publicity was good for business, even bad words about the food. To that degree, I suppose that my responding again in this thread proves the point. I do so just to show I hold no perosnal grudge against any place.

We can all have differences of opinion on restaurants, but when I have four meals at a place which are unformly disastrous, food and service, I start to wonder how someone else can have 15 great meals wihout a hitch, using superlatives like "great service," "superb food," "fabulous desserts," the "best filet in town . . .in one of Pattaya's finest."

There was a time on the gay posting board scene here several years ago, when everything in Pattaya was beautiful: the restaurants, the boys, the bars. It was a show and performance not unlike that character made famous by Joel Gray in the movie, Cabaret.

When I read some of the superlatives in this thread, and I think back on the terrible meals I have had in the same place, I am reminded of Joel Gray and a world where everything is beautiful.

There really is no business like show business, even in our own little piglet, Pattaya.

Guest letmetellu

I once knew a famous European chef, now deceased, who said that all publicity was good for business, even bad words about the food. To that degree, I suppose that my responding again in this thread proves the point. I do so just to show I hold no perosnal grudge against any place.

We can all have differences of opinion on restaurants, but when I have four meals at a place which are unformly disastrous, food and service, I start to wonder how someone else can have 15 great meals wihout a hitch, using superlatives like "great service," "superb food," "fabulous desserts," the "best filet in town . . .in one of Pattaya's finest."

There was a time on the gay posting board scene here several years ago, when everything in Pattaya was beautiful: the restaurants, the boys, the bars. It was a show and performance not unlike that character made famous by Joel Gray in the movie, Cabaret.

When I read some of the superlatives in this thread, and I think back on the terrible meals I have had in the same place, I am reminded of Joel Gray and Cabaret. There really is no business like show business, even in our own little piglet, Pattaya.

Wow Hedda am I reading this correctly your feeling guilty, please dont do that I to had 3 disastrous meals when OL'E opened but I kept going after a friend of mine who lives above eats there nearly nightly.

The sauces are as french as they can be amazing the fish is wonderful , even though some would disagree with me, as they ended up in Hospital, but who know if it was that meal that did it, but there meat was a disaster area.

I hear since the early days it has much Improved and Im always a firm believer of giving some one another try if everything stacks up.

But negative reports are very constructive not only for us the reader and potential customer but also to inform the Business, but only after you have given them every change to rectify the problem, after that I feel it is open season some one will tell them, they love telling what is writen about them then things will change in some cases, if not unless like a couple of businesses they only want the business for a Visa so they can take there lover to there country, and the rent is about what they would pay for an apartment, but they can advertise all the want and they are still empty.

KEEP up the reports Hedda we trust your judgment, till you make a mistake and we will be down on you as if you slipped on some sea-men. cant wait :p

I start to wonder how someone else can have 15 great meals wihout a hitch, using superlatives like "great service," "superb food," "fabulous desserts," the "best filet in town . . .in one of Pattaya's finest."

I guess I often only post the good things. Sorry. I don't post my bad experiences too often. I have never really done that on message boards. I much prefer to tell someone of a good experience I have had.

No one place will suit all tastes. I know you don't like this place. I know LMTU doesn't care for Niddy's Nook. I don't care for one of LMTU's favorite places near Bordeaux and I had 2 very bad experiences there.

I give you credit Hedda for trying the place again. Most won't do that.