Photo Question

(Obviously not Thailand....)

I've got to hand it to you Z, that's the most boring photo I've ever seen on this forum.

(sorry, obviously something about it's fascinating you, but quite what I've no idea)

Guest anonone

I am guessing he is questioning the 2 rows of brick pavers between the sections of asphalt roadway.

As for why, some locales are doing similar things at intersections to assist blind from wandering into streets...but I don't think that is the case here.

As for where, no clue.

Guest fountainhall

Interesting that the bicycle is on what I'd have thought was the pedestrian footpath. That rather implies lots of bicycles. And I see the pedestrians are even further from the road. Along with the cigarette butts, I'm tempted to say somewhere in China. The rest is no doubt stretching facts beyond reason, but it seems there is a sort of regular track on the roadway. Could it have been a tank track? And could it be in Beijing? But then if it was China, there would surely be masses more people around?

Well, one should not make the first photo too easy.

You can find better clues on the second photo, although I have cropped it to ensure this isn't ridiculously easy.

post-8337-0-43150400-1375824895_thumb.jpg

I have no clue although obviously a western country where English is spoken (see the sign).  The first photo showed a line of embedded rocks that proceeded parallel with the street curb and I had no clue what that could be (perhaps even a simple decoration). But.....this second photo shows that same line of embedded stones proceeding at such a weird angle that it would seem to rule out any decorative/landscaping purpose or any other practical purpose other than perhaps marking the border between two governmental entities/territories.  Where?  Hell if I know.

I think it's Germany - that sign may have the word "daily" on it, but it also has the word "Platz".

Is it the line of cobblestones that marks the route of the old Berlin wall?

Yes, that's exactly what the cobblestones are for. 

Straight ahead is Potzdamer Platz.

The photo is cropped to avoid making it too easy.