Guest anonone

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver - Thailand HITLER

Guest anonone

Absolutely hilarious clip from John Oliver.   The part relating to Thailand starts about 1 minute into the clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWNbekZVyKk

As luck would have it, I noticed a pickup truck with swastika emblems during my recent trip to Isan.  Not the greatest pic, but I was able to snap a quick phone photo:

20150709_163030_zpst7xtefej.jpg

In addition to the one on the back window, the decal on the driver's door is also a swastika.

Anyone else notice these while out and about?

Thank you very much for sharing. "KFC calls Hitler fried chicken extremely distasteful" made my day! Hilarious!

Overall a funny and well researched show.

The op is correct, on the truck is a nazi symbol, not a buddhist symbol. I have a large collection of pictures I took of nazi symbols used for fashion in Thailand and will post some day on my blog (to cover the entire subject, I need three posts, hence long preparation).

Guest anonone

I am really liking the John Oliver show.  Brilliantly funny with enough bite to really show some thought. 

The actual show is on HBO, which is a pay TV service that I do not have, so I am very happy they put so many clips on You Tube.

Looking forward to your upcoming posts, Christian.