Everything posted by vinapu
-
Pattaya Booms, Hotels Exceed 90% Occupancy
you will have fun , rest assured. Whether you like Pattaya more then Bangkok remains to be seen. When I went first time there, around my 8th or 9th trip to Thailand I was not that much impressed but some sane members here told me ' give Pattaya a chance" and I did, ever since returning there for few days every trip.
-
Hunter Biden Tries to Buy A Big Mac
I know one Australian lady who once said " my mother always voted for Menzies because she liked his voice ". Those are vagaries of democracy.
-
Pattaya Booms, Hotels Exceed 90% Occupancy
You are on something. We don't even need to look far, I know quite a few our members, regulars to Thailand , often more than once a year , who never went to Pattaya. There's even one I suspect will be correcting that deficiency as early as in a week or two. Even well know fact that Pattaya offerings are generally cheaper and has an access to the sea is not good enough to steer them there.
-
Pattaya Booms, Hotels Exceed 90% Occupancy
that explains part empty boy bars but not 90% occupancy rate in hotels.
-
Hunter Biden Tries to Buy A Big Mac
obviously 'decent human being ' is not qualification big part of electorate is looking for their president to be . Trump, Biden , Clinton, can't nation of 330 million people come with candidates more promising than gerontocrats ?
-
Hunter Biden Tries to Buy A Big Mac
this is what happens when party becomes too ideological and not pragmatic enough
-
Has this new law affecting US museums gone too far?
isn't it too far fetching ? After fall of Western Empire, Eastern one ( Byzantium ) thrived for another couple centuries before started crumbling under pressure from Turks. Decline of civilisation in the Western Europe doesn't equate decline of civilisation overall, no?.
-
Songkran question
I'm not in position to give you firm answer but judging by the drop in hotel prices right after Songkran weekend I suspect that crowds are thinning out right after celebrations are over. Hopefully somebody with real experience will confirm (or not)
-
Brazil vs Colombia for Gay Travel 2024
to taste that danger ?
-
Another country not to visit
another proof that wave of idiocy is sweeping the globe. And this is the country considered one of better governed in Africa. One wonders what disaster awaits LGBTQ people in those countries who are not.
-
Has this new law affecting US museums gone too far?
+1
-
First Trip Report: Bangkok September 2023
guilty as charged and happy to be caught
-
Hi Guys!
you are not included in those two who run away screaming ( ok, almost screamed but run away indeed)
-
Hi Guys!
always good idea but as one who bar-hopped with probably two dozen of our members if not more I want add that when asking for company it's still good to have idea where we want to go instead of only relying on somebody else's suggestion. I recall at least two situations when new visitor asked me to join them for bar survey, when I asked about preference they said ' doesn't matter ' so me being me, took them to Tawan from where they almost run away screaming as boys there were not of the type they liked
-
Nice Boys
you were picking up wrong days to visit perhaps
-
Has this new law affecting US museums gone too far?
I fully agree that displaying or even keeping in storage human remains, including even very ancient pharaonic mummies is to be condemned. Nothing noble in displaying other people bones. About objects dug out from their graves I would not be so sensitive if enough time passed. After three generations not only we are dust but also memory about us is unless we were very famous but even that is not guarantee. Visiting European cathedrals we see many opulent tombs of people whose names and achievements , if any are long lost in obscurity. As for educating ourselves on google, any medical doctor knows perils of their patients trying to cure themselves way of Dr. Google. Problems is, most of us does not possess enough specialized knowledge to assess accuracy of information given there on any subject.
-
Bangkok’s eastern and central bus terminals set for relocation to Bang Sue
while I agree that moving Mor Chit2 to more conveniently accessible location makes sense, I don't see such need with Ekkamai which is right by BTS line and her Ekkamai station
-
Ex-police chief among eight to be indicted over Red Bull heir’s hit-and-run case
because for some reason they did not want to
-
Nice Boys
Nice Boys is very progressive go-go bar in Sunee Plaza, Pattaya
-
No idea if it's true
sounds like Saudia
-
Cambodia ex-PM Hun Sen returns to frontline politics for senate seat
they will not last, Cambodia will. I need Cambodia lasting perhaps 10, max 15 years , after that I don't care
-
Pattaya Laundry near Boyztown
1000 baht ? Are you sure it was just laundry involved ?
-
PM disappointed after unannounced check at Suvarnabhumi Airport
better hire some boy to do the job
-
Cambodia ex-PM Hun Sen returns to frontline politics for senate seat
at cost of untold and uncounted millions of lives watched over USSR transformation from backward rural to industrialized country but also created unsustainable system which folded almost without spasm 40 years after death of his creator
-
Hi Guys!
for an access to selection ?