Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

paborn

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by paborn

  1. paborn replied to bucknaway's topic in Gay Thailand
    MASHED POTATOES WITH SCHNITZEl! I stop and pray to God that this is not my beloved Wiener Schnitzel but one of the dozens of other renderings of schnitzel - which just means cutlet. I will observe before ordering...
  2. z909 - I completely agree with you. Frankly Taxi drivers are, indeed, sharks bar boys behave far better.
  3. Also possible some come on student visas with scholarships and overstay... the world is a complex place.
  4. Never having dared try Thai whiskey I sought a review on the web and found this, " The next day I was not painfully hungover, but found that a sedentary state in a darkened, icy room was ideal. I pretended I was a vampire." From other comments over the years, I'd be afraid my decanter would melt...
  5. The Thai Attitude is even nicer just pure beauty no silly plot in the way,
  6. The world is changing and I may change with it but I have never negotiated a boy's rate even once in 31 years and never had a problem.
  7. One may be offed 1-2 times a week , his friend may score the same 5 nights out of 7. Of course they will have different expectations and popular guy can afford being firm. I'm not sure where you're going with this. The two boys above have different levels of total income but there is no reason to believe that either is charging more than the market rate. Your point, however, about "holding firm" is valid as he knows he'll be taken off by someone else. Thus the first boy, with rent due, may accept less when bargained with. Still does not mean he did not start expecting the market rate.
  8. paborn replied to bucknaway's topic in Gay Thailand
    Ah Vinapu, the cholesterol is in the chicken as well as the sauce - no escape... At Maxi you don't get gravy, you get mushroom sauce in a separate dish which you can consume way you want, not necessarily by soaking schnitzel in it. I won't argue, however tempting, that gravy and sauce are just different ways of arriving at the same thing. But, I can't resist asking what on earth you would consume the sauce if not on the schnitzel. My hear does warm, however, to knowing it is served on the side.
  9. Good God, do you mean there is a Karaoke outside???
  10. paborn replied to bucknaway's topic in Gay Thailand
    Oh Vinapu, I'm not so sure of that I have taken your advice to, at least, check out Moonlight and just because my Viennese Grandmother would have a heart attack just hearing about gravy on schnitzel, I will still take your advice about Maxi's so you can expect me to recommend to you anything I like in the chance you'll give it a try.
  11. For any boy in the business the rate he EXPECTS and the rate finally agreed on should be roughly the same. I agree, in fact, that's what we mean by market expectations. When I mentioned The agreed upon rate I was allowing for those who negotiate lower rates - it was a very different conversation in a different thread.
  12. Another thread has raised the question of perceived or expected tip amounts in Bangkok and Pattaya. As we are starting a new high season it might do to assess the 2019 expectations. By this, I mean the late 2018-2019 high season. What do you all think of: Bangkok: 2000 short time and 2,500-3,000 long time. Pattaya: 1,500 short time and 2,000 to 2,500 long time. Now, I'm talking about the expected ( by the boys ) going rate NOT the rate you finally agree on if you bargain.
  13. paborn replied to bucknaway's topic in Gay Thailand
    I've heard that as well. My point, however, is that we all are aware of the boys having perceived expectations of what they will earn. I'll start a new thread asking for current amounts.
  14. paborn replied to Terry4's topic in Gay Thailand
    The site has been inactive for several years. Even the bar maps would be way out of date.
  15. paborn replied to bucknaway's topic in Gay Thailand
    The consensus of EXPECTED has nothing to do with your or my minimums. The agreed upon amount is the result of your discussion, not a minimum expected. If English is not your first language I apologize but this is really simple nomenclature. I refer you to our "Timeless information" forum: Understand what the going rate is for tipping your lad after any sex. As this may slowly increase from year to year, search for polls and discussion results on the topic on this site. Beware that expectations from Bangkok gogo bars seem about 500 baht above those in Pattaya. [A search for Polls brings up several options like this: http://www.gaythaila...attaya/?hl=poll We have discussed this endlessly for many years. To assist I did a quick search and this is but one note: "One general note: I pay for services at the going market rate. So short time in Bangkok is 2000 THB, long-time 3000. In Pattaya, it’s 1500 for short time and I didn’t discuss a long time, though the Toy Boys mamasan said 2000 plus."
  16. My decanter, most decidedly, does not have cheap whiskey. The best Irish always.
  17. paborn replied to bucknaway's topic in Gay Thailand
    How can you ask this when you have been part of numerous threads regarding the expected tips Bangkok vs Pattaya?
  18. paborn replied to bucknaway's topic in Gay Thailand
    Bob, I totally agree. Back in the 80"s I would have been terrified if the Allen books did not exist and I had not run across the first volume in a gay bookstore in Greenwich village. But, are you suggesting more than the recently collected "timeless Knowledge" forum on this site?
  19. paborn replied to bucknaway's topic in Gay Thailand
    Tips are for service rendered, as in past tense. The service is done. So I don't tip to get it, I reward it when it happens. On the other hand, if he is just wonderful and I hand over the minimum then I really am stingy and deserve the reputation I will get. As for your favorite. If you can't afford it it is fair and legitimate to tell him you want to be with him several more times but must reduce the tip. If he says no, move on. I don't know if there is a right or wrong but this is what I would do.
  20. As I follow in January I'm already giddy with anticipation.
  21. paborn replied to bucknaway's topic in Gay Thailand
    Lose our erections?? Damn right, the end of this century is some 80 years away... I'm not really worried.
  22. paborn replied to bucknaway's topic in Gay Thailand
    You're quite right about stalls. But, one example of a place I always go is in that mall, almost, totally dedicated to Japanese golfers in Plaza Thaniya. It's ( I can't recall the name ) a shop on the same floor as Cutey and Beauty and was sponsored by Queen Sirikit. Wonderful ceramics, celadon. Chopsticks with silver mountings, etc. Not an antique shop, but one set up to promote Thai handicrafts. I always find stunning and unique things there are reasonable prices. I'm not looking for Tourist crap.
  23. paborn replied to bucknaway's topic in Gay Thailand
    Your use of eBay may be super, I don't know. But, if you can't find unique, handmade items in Thailand that can't be found on eBay and Amazon then you're a terrible shopper.
  24. I know, I know. We are but human after all. I recall one extended trip to Thailand where I followed the rule of "ONLY THAI" ( I was young and made rules easily then); on the way home, at my connection, I ran to a MacDonald's to grab some food I could chew! Meat that was more than a little nugget.
  25. I don't know. It sounds like another take on fast food. That is the one thing I avoid especially on holiday. A bowl of Thai Rice soup = yes, a big mac = no. I do eat western food in Thailand but nobody's fast food.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.