Everything posted by hank75
-
“Up to you”, “Take Care” and other Newbie tips
Fortunately she did not pay for any houses, buffalos or grandmothers. Her bank account is slightly dented, her feelings more so. Her first experience that popular boys have multiple regulars and they say “I love you” to all. It’s true the boy was very good to her “taking care” but I am not so sure about love.
-
“Up to you”, “Take Care” and other Newbie tips
Fair enough, but I do not think this is something to sweep aside either. One of the joys of LOS for me is that I have always felt completely safe in terms of my person and belongings. In fact one of the incentives of offing from the big bars is the complete transparency for boy’s identity, place of employment and management. Edit: I have complained before of a boy taking expensive whisky and snacks, which is dishonesty, true, but at no point did I feel my valuables like money, laptop and camera were at risk from him for the above reasons.
-
“Up to you”, “Take Care” and other Newbie tips
Of all the negative publicity a bar could receive - bad offs, overcharging etc - theft would be the worst. I imagine the bars where the owners maintain a higher level of professionalism would be anxious not to gain a reputation. I have heard that some girl bars also sack if a customer complains a girl is HIV+.
-
Literature
Maverick Publishers has several books on Thailand, quick easy reads and good for the beach or plane. I recommend The Last Executioner, a look at Bang Kwang prison in the 1980s. Lady Boys is an anthology of personal histories from real lady boys, pretty much what you’d expect, both gut wrenching and repetitive; however some might find the stories of Nong, who was a personality around Soi Twilight till her death, and Sarah, who ran the “HomyInn” a gay hotel in Pattaya leased from the owner of the Rose Hotel, interesting. Too many “farangs on a journey of self discovery” memoirs. https://www.maverickhouse.com/books/
-
“Up to you”, “Take Care” and other Newbie tips
Will7272, I am sorry to hear about your terrible experience. I have rarely heard of a case of outright theft. Did you not complain to the Tawan manager? My assumption was that the established bars are quite strict with their boys but I could be wrong. If you have the name or number of the boy, I think you would be justified in posting details here to warn other members. Someone else who should have read Bangkokbois is a female acquaintance. She fell for all the “i love yous” of a charismatic gogo boy and is now in the dumps. While he may have had some genuine affection for her, my friend and I had a good laugh at just how easy it is to be duped by a slickly delivered boyfriend experience.
-
Moonlight Gogo Bangkok
You might like this behind the scenes video of the Thai Puan shoot. https://www.facebook.com/BangkokDesire/videos/1127215134112568/
- Trip report Christmas in Bangkok and New Year in Pattaya
- Best muscle in Bangkok?
-
Best muscle in Bangkok?
11.30 would be when the show is winding up or finished, and the floor boys (yes, mostly twinks) go on the rotation. The models may come back on at midnight if they decide to work two shows but you won’t see them from the audience unless they’re sitting with a customer. The show starts at 10.30 and the models usually do a full parade at 10.45. They may also have an earlier parade around 9ish, in jeans not speedos. If you want to try and off Mekhin at Jupiter, go early around 9 to 9.30. If you just want to see the show, it starts at 10.20. I’d suggest going earlier to secure a good seat, say 10 pm. But even if you turn up as the show is starting they will try and seat you. You may also want to have a look in Dream Boy, if no one catches your eye at Jupiter.
-
Best muscle in Bangkok?
Mark thanks for sharing your night. What time did you go to Moonlight? Did you go late and miss the model parade? I cannot imagine anyone describing the models as twinks, they are either muscular or gym fit. If you do go to Jupiter, go early and try to meet 73 Mekhin. He may also be expensive but is good fun for a drink and chat.
- Pattaya Tailor
- Best muscle in Bangkok?
- Best muscle in Bangkok?
-
Trip report Christmas in Bangkok and New Year in Pattaya
Very random but I wonder if Thai boys have weak stomachs in general? My guy’s stomach usually acts up around 30 minutes after a meal, regular as a clock. At first I felt guilty as I thought it was the non Thai food he was eating with me but he had the same reaction after a Thai meal too. I usually travel with a pack of antacid and he now immediately helps himself to a couple of tablets each time he comes to my room.
-
STD Testing Bangkok
Thank you to everyone who responded, especially DivineMadman for the clear description of Red Cross. Your posts were extremely helpful and exactly the advice I was hoping to receive. I will chat with him and see which clinic he prefers. Yes I will say that I plan to be tested (which is true) and invite him to do the same. And that Pulse commercial left me speechless! If I didn’t know that slapstick commercials were the norm in Thailand, I would be terrified of this place!
-
Literature
I thought the same initially but was on a long boring plane ride and persisted, and it ended up hooking me in. Quite a few flaws but decent for a self published series, I ended up reading all three books. One anecdote however has been directly lifted from Private Dancer! Thumbs up for Bangkok People by John Eckardt, a collection of character profiles originally written as magazine articles. Made a start on Jasmine Nights which I thought would be right up my street, but DNF though the author writes well. Read The Quiet American a decade ago, time for a revisit. Twilight Soi by William Stapleton was thoroughly rubbished on the Bangkokbois blog at the time of its release as a ridiculous and paranoid flight of fancy, riddled with errors. Will post link to review if I can find it again. Working my way through the other recommendations now.
-
STD Testing Bangkok
One other question- is it true Red Cross will do anonymous testing?
-
STD Testing Bangkok
Thank you for the recommendations. Good to hear from someone who’s been to the Red Cross facility. Is it generally a good environment with well trained staff? I can imagine my guy will be nervous and wouldn’t want him to get distressed. I think I’d be nervous too! I’m willing to pay for Pulse if you think this might be a better option and less stressful? Yes he’s a money boy though less active in the past year, as he recently picked up a day job. But I would like to get him started on PrEP too.
-
STD Testing Bangkok
This sounds like a good idea, but which clinic provides this service of the test results to each other unopened?
-
STD Testing Bangkok
This might be a little sensitive. I would like to take my regular boy for STD/HIV tests in Bangkok on my next visit. While we do use protection and he has also assured me he is “clean”, we have reached a level of familiarity where it is just too easy to slip up. He was pretty upset the first time I felt it was necessary to broach the subject and offered to get tested (said in a fit of pique rather than a real offer). But I think I might offend him greatly and cause him to lose “face” if I insist on having him tested, and also being present for the test and result. Has anyone had a similar experience? What is the most tactful way to proceed? I also would like to have him tested regularly if I keep seeing him, which hopefully will keep him vigilant about using condoms with other customers. Also, where in Bangkok should I bring him for same day test and results?
-
Moonlight Gogo Bangkok
Great update! I really like how Fluke does his hair at Fake. Suits him better than the slicked back ponytail he had at Moonlight. How exactly does the model system work? I have always been there with boys so I have never been up close with any of the Fake models, apart from those who may know the boys with us and come up to say hello. Do the models go table to table introducing themselves? Are you expected to tip them? Around a month ago my friend invited Babe, Tam and one other muscular Moonlight model to Fake. The boys thought it would be funny to have their shirts off like the house models. They were drinking, dancing, flexing biceps and having a great time. However at some point they noticed they had distracted all the customers in the vicinity who were openly ogling them non stop and starting to crowd around the table, while the real Fake models were getting upset. So they quickly put their shirts on and kept a low profile thereafter LOL.
-
Moonlight Gogo Bangkok
Alizizou, one of the quirks of this new board is that photos can be seen even by non-registered members / people casually browsing or searching from Google. Maybe for boy’s privacy and your own you may wish to not post your own personal pics until this is changed?
- Trip report Christmas in Bangkok and New Year in Pattaya
-
Moonlight Gogo Bangkok
I believe that is why Babe and Tam declined to work at Fake. The Fake models are expected to drink heavily to encourage customers to keep opening bottles. Babe in particular cannot hold his drink.
-
Moonlight Gogo Bangkok
Not Q then, my mistake. The numbers were 20, 24 and 44. And 16. But I have no idea who they are since I never remember numbers. I wish Moonlight FB would profile the regular boys more. Dare I say it, the constant repetition of the models is getting boring. Especially since the newer ones aren’t as attractive with the exception of Atom, and perhaps Smarch.