Everything posted by hank75
-
Western breakfast buffet ?
+1 for Le Meridien But I find hotel buffets overrated and expensive if they’re not free with the room I’d rather go to a good breakfast place or specialty cafe like Rocket coffee bar, or Fran’s at Central Park. You can even order breakfast on Grab. Many cafe options near Saladaeng BTS. I don’t mind Coffee Club, it gets the job done though standard varies according to location. Foodland is perfectly fine and excellent value. In fact I usually get a Thai dish rather than Western.
-
Weekends in Bangkok 2026
Two years is nothing to sniff at, compared to Cambodian boys who get a two month stay visa which is actually not eligible for working. Burmese get a one year work visa although “work” does not stretch to gyrating on stage, most are officially registered as kitchen staff somewhere.
-
Chiang Mai Off Season September 2026 Updates
Clearly you mean his heart 😂 Maybe I’ll look him up at Joy Zone. There seem to be some familiar faces. Was it previously called Crimson or something like that?
-
Chiang Mai Off Season September 2026 Updates
Is this the Fluke who started his career at Moonlight and then moved on to porn? I seem to recall some disparaging posts a long time ago but don’t remember the details.
-
My Cambodian Dream
Aeon Mall in Phnom Penh is probably closer to your expectations of what a shopping mall should be like.
-
My Cambodian Dream
It’s the Golden Week holiday in China, the biggest holiday season of the year (except for Chinese New Year). Likely there would be more Chinese in Cambodia if not for the recent bad rap Cambodia has received for kidnapping Chinese nationals to work as scammers. Ironically these scam rings are run by Chinese. A number of rich Chinese customers who you might see in Silom bars are actually based in Cambodia and like offing Cambodian boys.
-
Chiang Mai Off Season September 2026 Updates
Exactly my thoughts too
-
Chiang Mai Off Season September 2026 Updates
Wonder if we can persuade you to come out of retirement to share a short report on BBB currently? I used to go there but stopped for many years. I was told (here on this board) that it had become a place mainly for Asian women and the boys were reluctant to go with male customers. However I saw a recent video that looked promising in terms of quality though majority of the guys look very straight. Side note, the boy you liked from Jupiter used to work at BBB
-
My Cambodian Dream
I have tried both and can confirm both are overrated.
-
My Cambodian Dream
a boy made me try crocodile since they are easily found in Thailand. It was pretty good like very tough chicken.
-
My Cambodian Dream
Yes, Japan definitely has some of the more complicated and dare I say it, burdensome gift obligations! The other custom that I find especially burdensome is the Filipino “pasalubong”. Filipino friends tell me that when they travel for any holiday there is an expectation they will come back festooned with gifts and souvenirs for others, especially colleagues. There seems to be real pressure in workplaces to bring back snacks and gifts, failing to do would be perceived as anti-social and ungrateful. Every single colleague needs to be accounted for. This is why you will see Filipino tourists trawling the aisles at Big C, or buying floral-shaped soaps, keychains, and all sorts of tat by the bundle. @jamiebee has occasionally referred to this in his very good travel reports though perhaps there is less pressure being based outside of the Philippines?
-
My Cambodian Dream
This is a very good question and indeed the basis of my recommendation earlier. I just assumed @jimmie50 was acknowledged as “son in law” already which maybe I should have stated lol coming from an Asian background we are always calculating cash gifts especially for Chinese weddings, where the bride and groom expect red packet money to help them offset the cost of inviting you as a guest. It’s a complex calculation process based on how much the wedding would cost per head added to what the happy couple actually expects based on your relationship with them. And only straight couples bother with this irritating hoopla. Eventually I gave up and just started declining wedding invitations. There are entire online “guides” on how much to gift at weddings, to parents at Chinese New Year, to relatives and so on. Regarding jimmie50’s situation my thought process was that he occupies the position of “spouse” or “son in law” and this is the first official festivity with them. There may be an expectation that being more senior than Cam and better financed, he contributes more. If Cam is contributing 8000, a 2000 baht increase to 10,000 seems sufficient to give face to all parties but without digging too big a hole. Jimmie and Cam do seem to have an excellent relationship where this like other gnarly issues can be discussed out. It may that Cam volunteers Jimmie contributes less say 5000 baht but I think it’s always appreciated to match or offer more. It really depends if he wants to set the tone he is part of the family or not yet.
-
My Cambodian Dream
first question to Cam would be if there are any other occasions in the year which requires money giving. New Year? I know that in the Cambodian equivalent of Songkran they celebrate with families and pour water on the heads and hands of elders. Would be good to find out if this is the single occasion in the year it’s required or there are a couple more lurking in the festive calendar. I would suggest to Cam you could contribute 10,000 (slightly more than his own) and see how he reacts. If this is the single occasion in the year perhaps an increase to 12,000 but remember you will be on the hook for this yearly. If there are multiple occasions in the year, matching Cam or fractionally more seems wise to me. There may be other surprises later on.
-
Chiang Mai Off Season September 2026 Updates
There’s one about 5 minute walk away from Jupiter 😂
-
My Cambodian Dream
Welcome back @jimmie50 you have been missed.. I thought Cam was from near Battambang but it seems his village is closer to Poipet, where are a number of boys I know are from. It is a gambling border town I believe and thrived while the Thai-Cambodia border was open but now it is closed the economy is suffering, some have moved on to Phnom Penh to make a living. Just wondering if it would not have made sense for you to stay in Siem Reap and done some tourism, learn the lay of the land, while Cam farmed, rather than being whisked into the remote countryside upon arrival? But then again perhaps you both did not want to be separated after all that time apart. Great to hear the family has been welcoming.
-
Are you planning for 2027 yet , how was 2026?
I don’t find it too expensive once you’re here but the flights are ridiculous. Plenty of senior discounts but not for escorts! Eye candy everywhere though, certainly something for every taste.
-
Off to the Philippines
I’ve been to the midget boxing. They come up to you asking “tip for the midget?” incessantly….worse than mamasans What’s the name of this place? also has anyone been to O bar and is it a proper gay club or is it just a drag show in a regular club?
-
Off to the Philippines
around 500 AUD since it’s been completely rebuilt and is their flagship. Goes up to 650 during peak season.
-
Are you planning for 2027 yet , how was 2026?
This guy needs a rap over the knuckles. You can get sufficient protein from chicken breast, eggs, fish or tofu combined with protein powder. It’s not just steak. Try to buy organic meat if you can. Eating too much steak can have its downsides especially if you’re frying it in oil everyday! Try and mix things up, eggs in the morning, grilled chicken breast or fish later on. Vary these with your steak days. Fish oil is good for you as well. I can’t eat wagyu, the fat in it is so rich it makes me feel sick. Waiters always think I’m a tightwad when I refuse to order the wagyu in restaurants. I buy galbi or beef short rib cuts from Asian supermarkets and air fry it. It’s fat enough to cook in its own oil and doesn’t get too dry, but not as nauseatingly marbled as wagyu.
-
Chiang Mai Off Season September 2026 Updates
It really depends on how jealous or possessive you plan to be. If you both can agree to keep it fairly open, it could work for both. For younger guys (certainly me in my time) dating upwards is a different way of experiencing the world and understanding what maturity (of mind not of body) means. And now I’m on the older side of the fence, I date or hire younger guys for their energy, curiosity and of course their insatiable sexual appetite. Only within 10-15 years max so the age gap isn’t too visibly wide when we go out together.
-
Chiang Mai Off Season September 2026 Updates
Yep my guy (who is not that young btw….early 30s) once told me his mom was “very old” and needed him back home as she didn’t have many years left. She was in her 50s.
-
Are you planning for 2027 yet , how was 2026?
Never thought I’d agree with @mauRICE on anything but I am 100% behind this statement. Australia has incredible natural coastline, city parks, great walking spots and superb fresh air (especially right now) unlike the heat humidity and polluted smog of South east Asia. It baffles me that some people just choose to stay at home and watch TV. Again agreeing with @mauRICE (what a novelty!) strength training is essential at any age and even more in retirement so you can pick up your own suitcase. The Philippines has excellent affordable gyms and hot personal trainers so there are plenty of incentives. I’ve had a few unavoidable health issues (a bad lung infection caused by air borne bacteria picked up in India) and minor accidents that have gotten in the way of keeping fit, my plan for the last quarter of 2026 is to work back up to peak health.
-
Are you planning for 2027 yet , how was 2026?
sending good wishes your way to best the thing and get you back to Thailand asap….who needs lungs anyway, the only body parts needed are cock and wallet
-
Chiang Mai Off Season September 2026 Updates
Enjoying the travelogue regardless. Seems like you’re too busy with the young hot free men even to review Chiang Mai 7-11. Good to hear your tastes are moving on to “organic” which should please some people 🤣
-
Chiang Mai Off Season September 2026 Updates
You know what this means….threesome